Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunters Guild is dying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You don't necessarily need caps to have a great faction. Back in the Xeno Alliance's hay day so many years ago, we trashed people with fighter and bomber swarms; a lot of what we destroyed were caps because Liberty loves 'em. Just get yourself a couple of friends and have two of you fly fighters, then have one guy in a Bomber. Sure, you'll have competition for bounty killing blows, but you'll still have the chance of taking on up to about a lone cruiser, pending on pilot skill. You just can't accomplish that on your own, not usually.

This is of course speaking about factions that are heavily focused on PvP. Good RP can make ANY faction great!
(04-21-2016, 02:49 PM)phantomx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2016, 02:42 PM)Sheekochan Wrote: [ -> ]We could've just remove all APM caps from the game to solve this problem.
do not
just give BHG permission to fly with BS & BC ships AP ships
give them the ability to fight in great battles
the ability to be a true official faction

Just fly bombers, that's what they are for.
(04-21-2016, 02:52 PM)Sheekochan Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:
Quote:We could've just remove all APM caps from the game to solve this problem.
do not
just give BHG permission to fly with BS & BC ships AP ships
give them the ability to fight in great battles
the ability to be a true official faction
1) My proposition still is the most clean and legit way to sort this out.
2) There is a lot of good official factions without caps.
3) Caps for scrubs, why would you even want them?

what i mean factions go for betters all of them
why BHG not ... demoted
limited access to ships they are the main owner of it
less bases now was have bases in omicron systems

how many BH Faction players u see nowadays ??
(04-21-2016, 03:01 PM)meoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Just fly bombers, that's what they are for.

Bombers are boring and extremely unrewarding atm.
(04-21-2016, 03:00 PM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]#makediscoverygreatagain
^

Tapatalk.
Some years ago I used to like the idea of the BHG having capital ships. Now I am not that certain anymore. Anything larger than a gunboat does not really fit the profile of a bounty hunter.
The story goes like this;

Early 2014 BHG| was on it's last legs. BHG|Core had already been dead for the past year or so, and was only holding it's officialdom spot because both Core and BHG were official under the BHG| faction.

Although the BHG|Core faction (in my experience at least) was fun to fly, the problem was that it was a very unattractive faction in modern disco because the concept itself didn't fit in with the lore and was mostly an excuse to justify why the Bounty Hunters Guild had access to capital ships.

As stated in the first paragraph, BHG| was about to go kaput. Our recruitment stream pretty much halted and there was little interest in the faction. Agmen had dissappeared, and for several months we were constantly cycling between Guildmasters for BHG| and BHG|Core hoping each would help the faction become active again. That never happened, and eventually we just decided to disband. Post-disbandment in the HC chat we were talking about what could be done about the future of both factions.

We all agreed that both BHG and Core should be split, to give players freedom of choice with both factions with either's actions affecting the other (i.e when BHG|Core was going to give Reavers, Buckshots and Mantas to the Reaver Mercenary Company and allowed them to hunt regular BHG| with that tech. Regular BHG| were pretty mad about it but there was nothing they could do since BHG|Core authorised it). It was also fairly obvious that if we wanted Core to make sense in Disco, it had to let go of it's BHG roots and make it's own unique presence on the lore.

We split the different parts of the faction between HC members. I took Core, and promised I would 'make Core great again' (which I did, of course). You can click the link in my signature to see the changes I made lorewise.

On the subject of lore, that was exactly the problem when the BHG ID ran around with Capitals. It didn't make a lot of sense, and there weren't explained properly in lore either. Literally, the excuse was that they were made from bounty board money. It also created lots of problems with house lawfuls and the caps were abused, so the ID had caps taken away (iirc that's what Agmen told me). Ship-wise though the ships were always 'APM' (built by AP Manufacturing) vessels in lore, which why Core and BHG shared those vessels on the tech chart. In the split though APM became a Core asset because the APM HQ, Alabama Shipyard, was situated in Omicron Rho and had a Core iFF. Furthermore APM had a much closer history with the Core faction than the BHG faction (i.e Nauru, helping supply the Core during the Order-Corsair alliance blockade).

(04-21-2016, 03:06 PM)phantomx Wrote: [ -> ]less bases now was have bases in omicron systems

It doesn't mean BHG players can't make use of Core bases for Edge Worlds Bounty Hunting and vice versa for Core making use of BHG bases for House-Ops.

(04-21-2016, 03:06 PM)phantomx Wrote: [ -> ]how many BH Faction players u see nowadays ??

That problem doesn't lie in ship usage. The Bounty Hunting process itself is flawed and needs to be improved. It also doesn't help that the FL ID is better than the BHG ID in pretty much every aspect.

But to answer the topic: as those Capitals are now my faction Capitals, as the 1ic of Core I do not want to give the BHG ID AP- Caps.

I hope that answers your question. Bombers, Fighters and Gunboats (or Freighters even) are much more fitting for a Bounty Hunter anyway. And if big prey pops on the scanner, why not get more BHG involved or ask lawfuls for assistance? Taking away Caps from the BHG ID harms neither the gameplay or the roleplay for the BHG faction.
I think it's not a problem with just the BHG, but with the bounty hunting system in general. You are bored to death (except big fights) before you find some actual target, then you have to blue it, then have to cut the screenes (remember about timestamps!), then upload it somewhere, then prepare properly formatted RP post...

Come on, who "average" would do that when trading/mining/smuggling is equally boring as the actual hunt part, but pays much more, much faster?
The simplest solution: remove the line that allows a FL ID'd ship to claim blanket bounties. It will still allow freelancers to take on-the-spot jobs while returning the heavy bountying business to the actual bounty hunters. Yes, some unlawful factions might lose their bounty boards but that's just a sacrifice they should make for the greater good, unless the Mercenary ID is brought back.

Also, remove or nerf the mining system. As I said in another thread, the easy money made thru mining is killing all other aspects of Disco's economy, bounty hunting included.
(04-21-2016, 03:21 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, who "average" would do that when trading/mining/smuggling is equally boring as the actual hunt part, but pays much more, much faster?

I mean that is the main reason why I increased the bounty payments on IC bounty board, yet people still don't hunt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5