Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "You are not welcome here"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just rejoined Disco after years of absence (hello, btw) for some casual flying. Obviously all my accounts have been emptied and I gotta start from scratch. Tried a couple of trade runs after /restart beginner, and I noticed I e.g. can't dock with "The Ring" in NB. It tells me I'm not welcome / "my papers are not in order".

What gives? I'm not red with them, else they obviously would shoot me. Checking the rep sheet, I'm in the "negative white". Is that enough? Where exactly is the border to no longer be allowed to dock? Where can I look this up or check before I haul ass halfway around the galaxy?
I had the same issue when I tried another trade run to Sigma 13 (Naha), a GMG base. After that I was frustrated and Alt+F4ed. This feels like a very intransparent and annoying system, and I have no idea why it exists. The good old "you're red, you're dead, you're white, you're alive" system worked just fine, IMO. As it is now it is very unintuitive and frustrating, and I'm very sure this not only affects me as an "oldie", but a lot of other potential new players as well.

I'm sure the info is somewhere in the forum, but after 10min of looking and another 5 of searching I gave up and hope one of you can clarify this for me.
WB
Your rep needs to be higher than -0.55 to dock

-0.7 to -0.9 is hostile (red) - you are being shot at
-0.69 to -0.55 is neutral no-dock - they don't like you, but aren't hostile (white)
-0.54 to +0.29 is neutral dockable (white)
0.3 to 0.9 is friendly/allied (green)

sorry if I got that wrong, I myself returned not so long ago
-.3 is the minimum affiliation you need to dock with the bases of that faction. this system is made to ensure that players wont dock on bases that are owned by factions not explicitly hostile to them, but that make no sense for them to dock on inRP.

also, I believe the /restart Beginner command was made keeping liberty in mind. if you want a better rep, I would recommend one of the Freelancer restarts, and then buying the ship, since it costs only 22,000 S.C., which is less than the starter cash.
restart beginner gives you a Miner ID. Miner ID has a negative no-dock reputation with all corporations that do any sort of mining.

That includes the GMG you mentioned, and I guess the folks of The Ring.
If you wanna trade, replace with a Freelancer ID, and shoot some baddies to help raise your status to acceptable levels. If you want to keep your mining abilities, I guess you will have to depend on freeports and whatnot.
try restart as freelancer. and it also depend on what you want to do after the restart. if you want to dock with Golden Chrysanthemums for example you can by killing some Farmers Alliance
but be careful if you kill too much Farmers Alliance you will turn Hogosha red.

As i remember that 4-5 cells or more in your rep sheet negative white wont allow you to dock.

I am pretty sure someone who is more experienced than me will help you and explain it more than i did
Thanks for the help guys.

Is there any place where this is actually publicized? Because I feel docking rules are kind of essential to the game, so it either should be ingame or somewhere prominent / easy to find. If I wasn't a veteran with a forum acc set up already, I probably would have just ditched Disco right then and there because of frustration and uncommunicated gameplay changes.
(04-23-2016, 09:57 AM)seven-alpha-one-one Wrote: [ -> ]-.3 is the minimum affiliation you need to dock with the bases of that faction. this system is made to ensure that players wont dock on bases that are owned by factions not explicitly hostile to them, but that make no sense for them to dock on inRP.
Nope, -.55 is the nodock threshold.

(04-23-2016, 09:57 AM)seven-alpha-one-one Wrote: [ -> ]also, I believe the /restart Beginner command was made keeping liberty in mind. if you want a better rep, I would recommend one of the Freelancer restarts, and then buying the ship, since it costs only 22,000 S.C., which is less than the starter cash.
It is not because of Liberty, but because beginner restart gives you Miner ID which is rephacked to nodock with mining factions because they are competitors.

Like said above, it is better to use some civilian or freelancer restart if you want as open reputation sheet as possible.

By the way, reason why this was implemented is because red rep can cause problems due to connections between IDs. For example Kruger does not like GMG and vice versa. But if GMG would be rephacked red, then GMG player would be in trouble everytime when flying through Rheinland and Kruger NPCs would appear - due to connection of reputation, red Kruger would turn into red also all other Rheinland corps as well as Rheinland military or police. For this reason the repuation is set to nodock, so the GMG canĀ“t dock on Kruger bases but all other corps and lawfuls stay neutral even when Kruger NPCs appear.