Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Companion 2.02 crashes every time I start it up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title. I have tried everything I could think of to get it to run, installing old versions, running in compatibility mode etc. Installing it on my brother's computer made it run without any issues whatsoever, though, we are both running W1064.
Windows 10 is horrible for older games/programmes, It is buggy af, and Its broken, No wonder you cant run it but your Brother can, Its just crap in general(I prefered windows 8 honestly, at least it worked!) I hate it and I wish i could play all my late 90s /early 00s games, but I havent found any ways to do so, no matter how hard I looked!

I could rant about it all day, But I wont, and sorry I do not know a way to fix it!
(04-23-2016, 01:34 PM)TheFreelancer Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 10 is horrible for older games/programmes, and Its just crap in general(I prefered windows 8 honestly, at least it worked!), I hate it and I wish i could play all my late 90s /early 00s games!

Okay, but we've already established that it's not a W10 problem. Also saying "it's crap in general" is just plainly false, It has the best UI of any windows to date, runs the overwhelming majority of modern games (slightly) faster, and has support for DX12, something that will never be added to W7/8/8.1.

Regardless, you haven't helped at all with my problem, if you want to bash W10, go find somewhere else to do it.
(04-23-2016, 01:38 PM)Gilly Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2016, 01:34 PM)TheFreelancer Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 10 is horrible for older games/programmes, and Its just crap in general(I prefered windows 8 honestly, at least it worked!), I hate it and I wish i could play all my late 90s /early 00s games!

Okay, but we've already established that it's not a W10 problem. Also saying "it's crap in general" is just plainly false, It has the best UI of any windows to date, runs the overwhelming majority of modern games (slightly) faster, and has support for DX12, something that will never be added to W7/8/8.1.

Regardless, you haven't helped at all with my problem, if you want to bash W10, go find somewhere else to do it.

But thats where I believe the problem lies, Windows 10 has so many internal problems that not many people notice, I dont know any guaranteed solution, but Its probably the OS's fault

I have 2 Windows 10 PC's, Both of them run 64bit Home Edition, they arnt too far off spec wise (which may be another problem, IDK your specs, but it probably isnt a big issue for a programme like FLComp), But 1 of them doesnt run some the programmes that the other can, and vice versa, all these programmes worked fine on both PC's before installing windows 10 (One of them had Win 7, and one had Win 8, Both worked grand!!) This is what I was trying to originally point out, Windows 10 is still relatively new and has some A lot of issues!
I can launch it on Windows 10 just fine. Can you give more details about the error you get ?
have you installed the visual studio,Windows 10 SDK,redistributasble(both 32+64 bits),the program depends on them(official oversion only distrubutable and the other one from our forums the other 2 as well)
(04-23-2016, 02:23 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: [ -> ]I can launch it on Windows 10 just fine. Can you give more details about the error you get ?

I tried pirating VS15 to debug it and apparently it was trying to access memory it didn't have rights to access, trying to build it from the sourceforge repo was also in vain, as it kept giving MSB3073 code 3 errors.

Trying to run the version either you or the other guy compiled (the one that required the debug DLLs (the entire reason I got VS15)) crashed with the exact same error.
(04-23-2016, 04:05 PM)Gilly Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2016, 02:23 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: [ -> ]I can launch it on Windows 10 just fine. Can you give more details about the error you get ?

I tried pirating VS15 to debug it and apparently it was trying to access memory it didn't have rights to access, trying to build it from the sourceforge repo was also in vain, as it kept giving MSB3073 code 3 errors.

Trying to run the version either you or the other guy compiled (the one that required the debug DLLs (the entire reason I got VS15)) crashed with the exact same error.

Visual Studio 2015 is free Smile
I will think if there is a way to start a debug release on another computer, so people could be able to run mine.
(04-24-2016, 05:58 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: [ -> ]I will think if there is a way to start a debug release on another computer, so people could be able to run mine.

it does runs yours but i had to install visual studio 2015 and windows 10 sdk for all the missing files,which i don't think its a good idea to have such requirements..

maybe you compiled it wrong?
Pages: 1 2