Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Audience of High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

SENDER ID: Ensign Avery Reeves ::: Liberty Navy, First Fleet
RECEIVER ID: Liberty Navy High Command
SENT ON: 26 (Monday) ::: 04 (April) ::: 823
SUBJECT: Rescue summary.
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
PRIORITY: HIGH

----------

This was not an operation assigned to me but rather an operation undertaken by me out of personal interest.

The events take place over the course of several days.
A Freelancer named (I had to figure his actual name out) Joshua Hunt revealed the fact that an LPI officer by the name of Kanade Tachibana had gone missing, most likely kidnapped. Miss Tachibana was an ex-slave and escaped her captors, so it was more than likely that they were disgruntled and wanted her back. Leads on such matters was scarce since nobody who knew anything would want to actually give it up, it took a lot of persuasion to get any leads but it got me running back and forth from New York to Coronado.
Any slavers I encountered I questioned to the best of my abilities, most however gave me no choice but to put holes in their hulls.
A day after I began my search the LPI also began one of theirs, albeit it gained less traction. Although I did find Miss Tachibana as of this day, there are two versions of this story I must tell. One for High Command which you are about to find out and one to those who don't need to know.

For those that don't need to know: My zealous assaults on the slavers resulted in them making a shamble in their transport routes, allowing me to ultimately locate Miss Tachibana and liberate her from their ships, also killing several slavers in the process of rescuing her.

(Highly Classified for High Command eyes only)

For High Command: I was scanning for Contraband near Manhattan when I saw my scanner pick up a new contact, it wasn't an LPI ship nor was it Navy or pirate marked. It had unique markings, the kind I had never seen before. I pursued the ship and opened a comm's link with them, they asked me to stop following them only to reveal that the person I was chasing after was in fact Miss Tachibana. I followed her through the Jumphole to Colorado where she informed me that the kidnapping was actually a charade gone wrong for her to escape he contract with the LPI and to avoid being treated like a criminal. She was technically dead to the world and could start over and do as she pleased. I posed several more questions to her and she informed me that the markings on her ship were of the Auxesia(Still working out what this is). Some organization tasked with protecting humanity from numerous threats. She did not reveal much of their intentions only tried to state that they were just and not terrorists. My suspicions continued to grow, she told me her rank with said organization was a 'Guardian'. She had supposedly been sent to find a Purifier and destroy it(Whatever that even is).
She said she could not stay any longer beyond this point and had to return to her duties on planet Canaria(Canaris might be either of the two, my memory on the exact name is not clear).
I am certain there is more to this situation than what I know and perhaps High Command knows some of these things as well. The citizens under the impression of the first story call me a hero, but in truth I feel nothing like one, all I've done is kill slavers to save someone who apparently didn't need saving to begin with since it was all a set-up from the get-go. I am available to answer any further questions, but for now this report should be enough.

Stay Vigilant.

AveryReeves
Ensign, First Fleet
Liberty Navy

- - - - - TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - - -
- - - -TRANSMISSION INITIATED - - - -

COMM ID: Commander DEGRANGE, Elisabeth
TARGET ID: Ensign Avery Reeves; HIGHCOMM
SUBJECT: Auxesia
ENCRYPTION: ESRD ALPHA
PRIORITY: Medium

initializing image feed...
no image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: mgasxy7.png]
[--------------------------------------------------------------]

Hello Reeves.

From what we can see what you have encountered seems like Battlegroup Auxesia. Supposedly once part of the Core however separated for reasons unknown to the Navy. The ESRD advises you use high caution when dealing with such as they are known for their extensive propaganda and manipulative techniques. Miss Tachibana here could do well as a demonstration. "Protecting humanity" has been the holy motto of many groups and organizations before only for it to serve more of an excuse afterwards. Liberty is already protected by the many branches of the Liberty forces and the Department of Defense and as such in not in need of such kind of "vigilantes".

Battlegroup Auxesia has been banned from Liberty space over charges of directry supporting and working for the Hellfire Legion, suspected critical research, vigilantes, causing trouble to law-enforcement as well as being a problem for public order and the well-proceeding of the laws of Liberty. As such a kill order has been authorised by the Department of Defense in case you see them anywhere within Navy juridiction.

You can read more here.

Once again I advise you use high caution when dealing with such as their intensive propaganda and manipulation techniques may be troubling to the average person. Do not hesitate to follow orders if there's nothing of value to gain, but don't fall prey and don't take any big chances.

Commander Elisabeth DeGrange, over and out.

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

- - - -TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - -
- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

SENDER ID: Ensign Avery Reeves ::: Liberty Navy, First Fleet
RECEIVER ID: DEGRANGE, Elisabeth
SENT ON: 29 (Friday) ::: 04 (April) ::: 823
SUBJECT:RE: Auxesia
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
PRIORITY: HIGH

----------

I encountered Battlegroup Auxesia forces more regularly since the last report I made to you, since then the sightings witnessed by me personally have almost doubled. On one occasion a lone fighter of their's roamed through Liberty space, I pursued them and they left reluctantly.
The second occasion being near Curacao, their presence at the time consisted of a Core World Battlecruiser and a Borderworlds' Very Heavy Fighter. I confronted their fighter but the stalemate in the location was obvious, so I reluctantly disengaged but returned later with the assistance of the Maryland. After dealing with a potential smuggler in the vicinity we turned our attention to their forces. Although the Maryland had to depart shortly, I was given a five minute window to handle the matter diplomatically otherwise the Maryland would call for the fleet to handle the issue 'differently'. To my own surprise the small battle-group of four ships listened to me and exited Cortez using the Coronado Jump Hole and did not return to the sector henceforth. They stated wanting to make repairs, but I am uncertain how far the sincerity behind that statement goes. With permission I might be able to help coax out information regarding Hell Fire, due to their close affiliation with them which will aid us combat them. Doing this will also do Auxesia a favor as it will prove they are worth listening to, I have no affection or liking for the Battle Group, but allowing them to exchange information on Hell Fire in exchange for our diplomatic attention could prove to be a win-win situation. I await your discretion on the matter. I have two such requests:
Allowing me to converse with the Battle Group under situations since I seem to be able to speak reason with them and point out solutions for complex matters.
Removing the standing kill order and instead turning it into a non-allowance order, one in which any Auxesia found in Liberty space are made to leave in a non-lethal sense.
The allowance of both these requests is up to you.

Stay Vigilant.

Avery Reeves
Ensign, First Fleet
Liberty Navy

- - - - - TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - - -