Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Coalition Space Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After talking to a Dev (not gonna mention his name) he told me to actually ask the community's input in here and maybe some other Devs that will read into this. You might remember I changed in the past the base and space soundtracks in Omega-52 with the only sounds remaining that indicates a somewhat "Coalition Sound", which basicly would be Freelancers prequel game "Starlancer" in which you had certain Soundtracks when you fought the Coalition. The thing was, obviously the Admins figured that changing ini files is bad, so I turned them into "Omega" sounds. However, there are some systems that also use omega soundtracks and well... It's just not appropriate to hear them there as well, so I thought I would want to make a proposal. Don't worry, I would prepare all the ini files and send them to you all ready if you want me to.

It's like the only soundtracks we have left and realy making a new Freelancer like soundtrack is not realy something I want to waste my time.

So I'm proposing the finest and most fitting one I've picked out from Starlancer:

Launchpad on Gorodok or Jiang-Xi

Coalition Bar Music

Maybe something instead of a Music we could put into Coalition Bar would be also this Alliance speech they had against the Coalition, to fuel Coalitioners with the anger of the past, or it would be just an ooRP thing and we'd put it on only one of the Bases also works.:

Now now there has been 3 proposal from me here gonna put that so you guys may vote on:

Coalition Space Music 1

Coalition Danger Music 1

Coalition Battle Music 1

Coalition Space Music 2

Coalition Danger Music 2

Coalition Battle Music 2

Coalition Space Music 3

Coalition Danger Music 3

Coalition Battle Music 3

Please guys note that the Coalition obviously is a remnant force of the old Sol Coalition even though mixed, I would like to give them their uniqueness back from the Sol War. So if like other factions come up now "But I want one for my aswell" please don't, this is realy just for a specific reason.

EDIT: Updated proposed things
Adding new music wouldn't be a problem at all. The only potential problem is that I am not entirely sure how property rights would apply here, given starlancer had the same developer yet they're still two distinct games.

Another thing is, all space-music currently in use within FL loops itself seamlessly.
(04-26-2016, 05:07 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Adding new music wouldn't be a problem at all. The only potential problem is that I am not entirely sure how property rights would apply here, given starlancer had the same developer yet they're still two distinct games.

Another thing is, all space-music currently in use within FL loops itself seamlessly.

Crossfire never seemed to have issues for drowning the entire Altair sector in Starlancer soundtracks tho.

Id go for the first selection of 3 themes.
What you need is this Cheeki Breeki my friend and this Cheeki Breeki 2
What about this one Snake, for combat:

https://youtu.be/YICXltKw-ko
I got the missing Freelancer soundtrack that was on concept arts but wasnt implemented into the game, I would like to request this one for Omega-52 : ) What do you guys think? Thoughts?

Space:

Danger:

Battle:

To be honest though Coalition Space sounds more like something that could be implemented to a Launchpad on Planet Jiang Xi.
Those first two soundtracks sound like they come from a music machine from the early 1800's in terms of quality, no offense
I know this is grave digging but I was wondering if O-52 would at somepoint finaly be renamed into New Moscow and get the suggested soundtracks.
What about no? Why should devs give special treatment to Coalition and coalition only? Every faction will start saying "i wanna name my systems and get custom music in them too" if they do that.
Pages: 1 2 3