Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New to freelancer, i need to make things clear first.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, i recently installed Freelancer again, and when i tried to play online then found that microsoft had shut down the global server, i started to look for online servers that i could join, then i found yours.

I downloaded your version of Freelancer, but, its just an individual version that just requires to run it, or do i need to replace the downloaded version with the original one?

Also, how exactly things work around on the online version, there is factions? You can freely assault other players? Things like that.
Welcome to discovery.

Discovery is just an add on mod, meaning that you need both the original version as well as the mod version.

The server follows strict Roleplay rules. for more information, I would suggest you looked here

Factions are groups that follow a particular role, as well as their specific backstory. you can join how many ever factions you wish to. however, It is wise to be a part of few factions at a time, in order to distribute your time more meaningfully.

On the server, PvP is an essential activity. However, there are some restrictions, and you can find them listed in the link above.

Once again, Welcome to Discovery, and I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have queries or face problems, Feel free to contact me or one of the other Angels on the forums or ingame, players tagged [Angels] .
To install the mod just run the .exe, telling it the path of your original Freelancer installation. Once that's done you'll have a shortcut called DSLauncher that acts as a menu before running discovery, which acts as an account manager and allows you to customize the game a bit.
HoakinBlackforge welcome to Discovery, the best free FL mod, in my opinion. :-)
Hello, it could be so that in 2, 5, 10, xx years you will log on forums or in game and think: "oh wow, I am here for so long already..."
Smile

Enjoy your stay, and roleplay no matter what - that is the best way to enjoy this thing.
Please check this link for the instructions required for a successful install
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=126999
Welcome to the best server for freelancer.
So, i already have the original freelancer installed, i activate the exe and i install on the same folder of the original freelancer?
No. First, it will ask you where your vanilla Freelancer is installed. It's not a standalone installer and needs the original Freelancer files in order to install Discovery. The installer will ask you where to put the Discovery installation after you specify the Freelancer folder.
Ok, perfectly installed, i have been playing around for an hour and everything seems fine, buyed already my first ship, new weapons, and started exploring and doing missions! Thanks everyone! See ya Space Cowboy.
Hello there bud and welcome to Disco. If you need help feel free to PM me or any other [Angels] tagged player in-game. Have fun!
Pages: 1 2