Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast Sarissa concept 99% done
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-29-2016, 12:41 PM)Epo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2016, 12:40 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]What we really need is a ransuer model with a FG

Yes.

That can actually be done very easily (I'll leave that to someone else). HOWEVER, I have done a Ranseur model with FG too, for fun. http://p3d.in/TUeyl
(04-29-2016, 12:54 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Fine for me as well, except that it is slightly larger than other medium battleships. Could use a stats buff, considering that it only has 1 heavy turret.

I actually took that into account, if you look at the ship from the front, you'll see that it is somewhat smaller than Dunkirk. However, if i ever gets in to the game, I'd be ok with a buff or an extra pair of heavy turrets Big Grin
(04-29-2016, 11:55 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello star wars ship

[Image: latest?cb=20110918171254]

Really lol?
(04-29-2016, 01:16 PM)Barb Wrote: [ -> ]if you look at the ship from the front, you'll see that it is somewhat smaller than Dunkirk

I really didn't know that. Maybe it actually isn't underpowered.
Size comparison done, now what to do you think about the size?
Turns out the resized engine is only slightly bigger than Osiris's which I think is perfect now.

http://p3d.in/ZmenP

(Even if you don't want it in the game, tell me what you think about it)
It looks way better right now. Maybe bustard's replacement? Actually I'd love it to be a bustard.
Bustard replacement is already being worked on by experienced, quality hands.
now it is looks like battleship version of Vidar cruiser with bigger engine ofc
-Updated-

(04-30-2016, 10:50 PM)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]now it is looks like battleship version of Vidar cruiser with bigger engine ofc

What? No? Sad
(04-29-2016, 05:17 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: [ -> ] Doesn't really fit with the design philosophy of the Outcasts to be honest.

This might work as a SRP vessel of some kind but otherwise it's really not Outcast-y enough. The massive stonking engine on the Ranseur is an outlier in Maltese design and really shouldn't be emulated- the rear half of the Ranseur is probably the worst part about the model, everything else about it design-wise is glorious.

As for the current Sarissa, again, the model's design works, it just needs tweaks, not a complete replacement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8