Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Best game you ever played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Supreme Commander
rFactor
I got to say that I loved the Elder Scrolls series, and the modders keep the fun going.
Well, the best game I ever played... that's tough. Since I cannot say FL, I'll go with Silent Hunter III. With the mods available, you can really enjoy the game, make it historically correct, or totally unreal, create your own missions, even make mini movies of your exploits... I enjoy it.
Best game I've ever played hmm, <strike>well Freelancer Discovery IS the best game I've ever played</strike> but since I can't say that I would have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing the Kings Quest Series, Star Craft & its expansion Brood War and I'm quite partial to Diablo II & its expansion Lord of Destruction.

So there you have it.:P

--- Fox
Okay...let's see....

Going WAAAAYY back.... Adventure and Wizard of Wor for the Atari 2600

Going back a ways.... The Ultima Series for the Commodore 64, especially 2,3,4, and 5.

Going back some.... Starflight for the Sega Genesis (IMO - The absolute BEST space simulation of it's time... I still have it and take it out now and again to relive the memories)

Going back a bit.... Resident Evil 1,2, and 3 for the Playstation (the only game that actually made me jump the first time the zombie dog came crashing through the window.)

Now..... any good RTS game, namely - Age of Empires 2 and 3, Empire Earth series, Star Wars Galactic BattleGrounds, Command and Conquer series... etc.

Oh yeah.....and FREELANCER. :yahoo:
Privateer
It's a toss up between Doom and Half-Life

Doom was the game that got me into computer games. I can remember playing it with my mates wayt back when. We'd queue up at the PC for a go, and there were about 5 of us. We played it til our eyes bled.

Half-Life (1&2) is just awesome.

Even further back was a cracking game on the C64. Lords of Chaos I think it was. That was a top game too.
AHhhhh N64 007 Golden Eye oh god I love that game, and Zelda: OT such good games perks of my childhood.

Ah Total War of course and Stronghold SH, CH, SH2, CHE all of them golden.
Id have to say, as my number one
Final Fantasy 7 (To include Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core) all the way. That game is made of 1000000% win

others I like,
the Starfox series, (Minus dinosaur planet, that one kinda blew)
The super Mario series up to Mario 64, after that it kinda went downhill
The Zelda series (Minus Wind Waker cell shaded BS dosent belong in a Zelda game)
The rest of the Final Fantasy series
Diablo 2 (Running a mod a myself and a buddy of mine created)
Freelancer
Mariokart. (Childish, but hella fun at a party)
well, i have alot of choices. For strategy i would have to say Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. For space would have to say Freelancer. And for FPS (first person shooter) i would have to say Crysis Warhead, i only recently got it and only started playing it online yesterday, but i find it is already better then Counter Strike Source, much more realistic, and just better in general.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32