Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freeport 11 - DROP from Freeport 6 (Concluded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: PGyhMkVm.png]
Freeport 11 - DROP from Freeport 6
Eligible: Everyone
Pickup Location: Freeport 6, Tau-29
Delivery Location: Freeport 11, Omicron Delta
Commodity: D.R.O.P - Disaster Relief Organized Package
Bonus per unit: 12650 credits (+ 100/u on base)

Freeport 11 has suffered major damage from the Core attack. The Council of Freeports has enacted the D.R.O.P protocol to secure the station before any catastrophic failure leads to the loss of the station. Freeport 6 has announced it is capable to respond to the inquiry thanks to the willingness of their local allies. The station will provide D.R.O.P containers to all ships willing to bring them to Freeport 11.
This event feels one sided.

What's the opposition? What's their reward?
(05-02-2016, 08:35 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]This event feels one sided.

Core ganking the convoys to try and make Freeport 11 fall?
(05-02-2016, 08:35 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]This event feels one sided.

It takes some time to set these things up. More will follow tomorrow. Meanwhile you can always disrupt incoming convoys and repurpose the DROPs for The Core.
Yeah, why not? Make a buying point on Yaren for the cargo. Should give Core and its allies an opportunity to raid those convoys and sell it.
(05-02-2016, 08:48 PM)Mercarryn Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, why not? Make a buying point on Yaren for the cargo. Should give Core and its allies an opportunity to raid those convoys and sell it.

I can't do this with Yaren as it opens up the way to an exploit due the bonus system (you could sell the DROP on FP11 then go to Yaren and sell it again). I love the idea though, I can definitely set up something like this using a proxy POB next to Yaren to ensure no abuse is possible. I'll submit the proposal to the team.
Keep it on topic. These threads are about the events. The behaviour is also less than okay.
[Image: tV2EGPV.png]

Komachi is first (sun)
Awesome. Largest convoy in... years.
120 players on.
Got banged up nicely and lost transports on the way back.

Great great great! Smile

Loved it
I'm not sure if you can do this, but maybe you should make it so that both DROP commodities sell for say, 6k per unit at Yaren or in Rho? You'd probably want the opinion of someone from the Core, but I'd think they'd want these things stopped the most.

Either way, there's precisely zero profit involved for anyone to actually pirate anyone doing this route. The other person is only losing in actual cash 100 credits per unit and if you blow them up and bring a transport to take the cargo it cant even be sold.
Pages: 1 2 3