Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Banned Indefinitely: Exodite Asmodai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exodite Asmodai has been indefinitely banned for:

Quote:1. Server administrators will impose sanctions on players for violating server rules and for any actions that harm server gameplay.

Consequences:

Even though you're somewhat a fresh face around these parts, your file in the staff section is already thicker than we're generally used to see. You've repeatedly proven you do not play this game for the game itself, but just to be a nuisance to others who are trying to play it for fun (it is a game after all), and considering your recent chain of stunts, you've shown us beyond doubt you have no intentions of changing your attitude and behavior, and so we've come to the conclusion that you're no longer welcome in this community.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Hang on, let me either dig myself deeper or offer mitigation here.

First off, at no point did an admin approach me privately over my behavior as this yonder thread would indicate. If you're going to 1.0 me over "having been sanctioned too much", and I have received exactly TWO PMs from the Admins about anything even remotely related to misbehavior, one from St-Denis about the Jansen-issued IP ban, the other from Tunicle about the same IP ban, I guess that announcement over the 1.0 was either a complete fabrication, or isn't being applied equally and impartially against all offenders.

Second off, if I wanted to knowingly harm server gameplay, there would be Core 1s with 3 Defense Modules blockading every dockable object in a sparsely-populated system like Shikoku.

And now an actual defense about that "massive file":

The Reiko.Horaki slap I received for, of all things, accepting a group invite from a [TBH] ship whilst on a Hogosha ship. The whole [101st] thing came as a shock to me, too.
Observe.
[30.01.2016 23:51:45] Death: Reiko.Horaki|E was put out of action by Itziar.Leiseka[101st] (Gun).
[30.01.2016 23:51:50] Reiko.Horaki|E: Why are we grouped?

I freely accept the APM-Klendathu nuke. That was me having a bad day out of Disco at best and it being reflected in-game and me extending my in-character elitism all the way to conn at worst. You know, later, I'm going to make the point of the line between character and player being blurred, and this is why it could happen.

For the two-week tempban one:
Laz blew my "troll bases" out of proportion. He honestly managed to interpret what I wanted to be a resupply point as an attack on him and/or K'Hara, and I decided to rib him when I pointed out that I maintained backups. Seriously, the message I wanted to get out was "Did you think I had not planned for this?". Admittedly, the part where I started PMing him mercilessly whilst he was AFK cruising through Iota looking for it was not exactly smart, but if someone has to resort to OoRP methods to find something that could be construed as "trolling", something just seems sketchy about that.
The "To: Laz" thread was to pretty much say "Yes, the base exists, even though you as much as said you used the base list to even begin to search Iota to me. If you're going to flagrantly 1.7, I'll call you on it." I find it strange that casual metagaming to find PoBs that are "clearly trolling and OoRP" goes unpunished whilst the troll gets a two-week tempban.
The base in 99 I was going to blow up anyway. Temporary Supply Dumps tend to be that - temporary. If that made it into the report, the part with me calling up Laz and telling him "Don't worry, I'll pop it for you" should have made it in.
Also, I never got the evidence for that sanction, even though I asked. Bob showing up and just telling me that I'm guilty did not help matters in the slightest.

The Release.The.Chuba was a self-indulgent joke on my part, so yeah, that one is entirely legitimate. No contest here. I should have re-phrased the "nice job cleaning me out of assets" line to "How considerate; you left some stuff for the return ticket." Also, the "meddling admins" is a reference to Scooby-Doo with the line I was making a variation of often uttered by the guilty party.

For the week tempban one:
The joke that crossed a line was actually based off the Core Contracts Board from back when it had the "Auxesia or Autism?" line about Nyx's band of deserters from like April 12th or around that time. I just remember that the bounty board of an Official Faction had that up there. The kicker: I then edited that line out, THEN the wheels of admin justice turned, and I got slapped.
The "meddling admins" line is both entirely legitimate and astoundingly contrived. Did none of you watch Scooby Doo, or do you honestly expect me to believe you have never come across that line from Scooby Doo about the "meddling kids"?

For the permaban one:

I call procedural mistrial on this one. If you're going to string me up in town square for all to see, it's common courtesy to at least do it by the rules you yourselves have laid out.
Also, honestly, I can get several times the amount of s.a.l.t. from playing Team Fortress 2 in about an hour than I could ever get here if I played for ten years straight with the Administration team giving me let to grief and troll without hinderance.

Also, I have to ask: By what interpretation am I out to ruin the game for others? Did someone blur the line between character and player and think that I, personally, was out to get them? I don't roll like that.
No, really, I was/will be here to play the game. I have no idea how I happened to be "ruining the game for others". Why would I knowingly do that? If I give them a bad experience, they won't play with me anymore, and then there's no point in playing because there's nobody to have fun with.

Upon reflection, I'm kind of on the idiot side, and I probably did ruin the game for others somehow, so can you spell it out for me in plain language exactly how I'm harming gameplay? If it turns out to be a side-effect of what I believe to be just playing the game and having fun, I accept that. It will still seem like a completely arbitrary slap, but now justification for the justification is available.

Regardless of your decision, I have never knowingly been a nuisance, so if you could please explain to me exactly how I was being one, I can come back and not do that stuff (but definitely not now; goddamn finals).

Ultimately, I owe you guys a vote of thanks. You guys just cut me off of one of my favorite ways to spend time in a way some would consider "frivolous", so now I have no choice but to... study for finals and actually put effort into other things. *shudder*

tl;dr

I have no idea what I did wrong to merit a slap of this magnitude. Could you please explain it to me? I'm going to scream bloody murder over this sanction, such that it is, but I still want to know exactly what I'm doing wrong so when I come back, I don't do it again. The tempban sanctions I felt to be an overreaction AT BEST, but the sanctions and bastilling of the OoRP behavior I agree with; I was out of line.

PS: Also, your sense of timing is hilarious in an infuriating way. There I am, waiting the last ten hours, when suddenly, permaban. Please tell me this is of the "appeal in six months and not an auto-deny" persuasion, and that the "Ban will be lifted: Never" bit refers to the automation in the forums never lifting the ban.
[/technically ban evasion]
(05-04-2016, 08:08 AM)Hammer of Hammers Wrote: [ -> ]First off, at no point did an admin approach me privately over my behavior as this yonder thread would indicate.
This is from your most recent sanction thread:
(04-26-2016, 05:54 PM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]You are tempbanned for 7 days on both forum and ingame. Since you just recently were tempbanned as well, this is your last warning per say. Next time we see your name come across our desk, you'll be taking a much longer break.
You tried to circumvent that tempban, which pretty much qualifies as "your name crossing our desk again". The thread you linked is to prevent "out of the blue permbans", which yours in no way was.

(05-04-2016, 08:08 AM)Hammer of Hammers Wrote: [ -> ]Second off, if I wanted to knowingly harm server gameplay, there would be Core 1s with 3 Defense Modules blockading every dockable object in a sparsely-populated system like Shikoku.
That's not knowingly harming server gameplay, that's just acting blatantly stupid and having no life and pretty much besides the point here.

(05-04-2016, 08:08 AM)Hammer of Hammers Wrote: [ -> ]Upon reflection, I'm kind of on the idiot side, and I probably did ruin the game for others somehow, so can you spell it out for me in plain language exactly how I'm harming gameplay? If it turns out to be a side-effect of what I believe to be just playing the game and having fun, I accept that.
What you call "fun" and "healthy compared to TF2", others consider trolling. This is not TF2, and if the TF2 server you're on is actually as bad as you say, I'd suggest switching to a healthier server there because it's clearly effecting your attitude without you realizing. I was going to go through your posts and pull out a few instances, but then noticed this thread already has a good few points brought up, all of which you more or less "lolno'ed" rather than taking into consideration.

(05-04-2016, 08:08 AM)Hammer of Hammers Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell me this is of the "appeal in six months and not an auto-deny" persuasion, and that the "Ban will be lifted: Never" bit refers to the automation in the forums never lifting the ban.
[/technically ban evasion]

Technically speaking, by making this account to circumvent your ban you already auto-denied your own first appeal. Good job. But yea, as you guessed, the "Never" bit is merely a forum automation thing. How long the "auto-deny" period lasts entirely depends on how well you respect this ban, as of the time of this post, it'll end after your first appeal. Take this time to review your actions, rethink your behavior, and to practice having actual, healthy fun in some other gaming community.