Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Disco install trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I am a returning user to Disco, so I need to re-install, but because of my lack of space on the C drive, I had to put Freelancer in my external F drive, so it's in

F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer

So I downloaded the latest Disco (can't wait for .5!) which I did before, stuck it on Mod manager, which it activated automaticly, but when I go onto the actual game, it still says version 1.0. So, I looked around the manager, and saw "Choose a different Freelancer directory", and said I had to deactivate all mods, which Disco won't let me do (according to FLMM), so I have to manually delete it from the Manager in the files. So then I change directory, re-stick-on Disco, load up Freelancer, but it's still 1.0!

Any help would be really appreciated!!
Did you actuall go to FLMM and pressed activate on the mod. Or did you just double click the file you downloaded. Because you need to activate it in the FLMM after extracting it.
' Wrote:Did you actuall go to FLMM and pressed activate on the mod. Or did you just double click the file you downloaded. Because you need to activate it in the FLMM after extracting it.

Well, it seemed to activate automaticly, but to make sure, I tried deactivating it (to reactivate it), but it wouldn't let me
Dunno it has to work..Lemme say all the steps to ya so it will definitely work:

1. Reinstall your FL(doesn't matter if it is in F)
2. Install the FLMM
3. Double click the disco mod file you downloaded.
4. Open FLMM
5. Double click on Discovery Mod 4.84
6. Wait for it to activate(don't touch anything until it's done)
7. Play (It has to work)
Hey, thanks! It seems to be working now; dunno what was wrong with it before :S
You're welcome I'm glad I could help.. Happy playing to you, maybe I'll see you in space.