Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Monthly events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just something I thought about since the Refugees and the Zoner/Core thing. Not sure if this was already discussed before so apologies in advance if it was.

What do you think about setting up events similar to this on a monthly basis (or something similar) which are held in different parts of Sirius every time? It would be good to switch around the activity hub so that we actually use more than 10-15 systems. Not to mention that it seemingly increased the online player count while it was going on. Hell, maybe we could even see Gallia getting some love out of all that.
No. Repetition and predictablity is bad and gets boring very quickly.

It's best to be dynamic and basing it off of actual ingame events. I hate to say this but (although unneeded) drama can sometimes cause 'good' things. But it's the people that take it too far.

Either way. Organic flow of events are better than - eh - scripted things. Every month seems too forced, and they did do that ΤΩΣO thing every month but stopped. (whatever it means - Tau, Omega, Sigma, Omicron? )
(05-09-2016, 03:37 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]No. Repetition and predictablity is bad and gets boring very quickly.

It's best to be dynamic and basing it off of actual ingame events. I hate to say this but (although unneeded) drama can sometimes cause 'good' things. But it's the people that take it too far.

Either way. Organic flow of events are better than - eh - scripted things. Every month seems too forced, and they did do that ΤΩΣO thing every month but stopped. (whatever it means - Tau, Omega, Sigma, Omicron? )

I've got to agree with this. I'd rather not have things be forced unless they're storyline related, existing in the pipeline and have been planned for months. The benefit of the recent drama event is that it was driven and based off of in-game actions that lead to such a massive amount of fun for everyone involved. Things like this, even with the drama rising in the background, are nice to see. Knowing that your action can potentially have a great effect on the server and lore.

I'd love to see events of this scale, but I'd rather they not be too frequent.
(05-09-2016, 03:37 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]No. Repetition and predictablity is bad and gets boring very quickly.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1768307

The ΤΩΣO has been restarted as of last month. Expect new commodity events to cycle every month or so. They don't bring near the activity as these high drama events, but they don't generate as much Violation reports either. Not everyone is enjoying them apparently.
Orbital is enjoying it, more passenger related boosted routes!
I am torn between suggesting future events that either focus on factions that do not get much love, for example specialized unlawful IDs such as Gaians or Farmers Alliance. The other would be making ones that involve a good chunk or a whole house in total.
Come to my race events if you want events Big Grin
Perhaps we could do an event focused around factions that could use an activity boost atm, maybe something involving the Xenos or the RHA or something like that.

P.S.
I'm glad to hear the ΤΩΣO thing is back