Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Were the events in Delta beneficial to the server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We all have watched the pure clusterfrakk that Delta became, and still is. Even after the Drop Convoys are done, Delta still seems battles and drama. The ongoing Core/CoF hostility, with lines drawn and sides taken, are bringing out a plethora of roleplay - the Rheinland Omincronkorps (Omnikorps chance missed why), the CoF making it's case to Sirius, Bretonia even going out to demand explanations and try and mediate. Now, beyond Order/SCRA/Zoners vs Core/Rhienland Military, we have Outcasts flying around, GC chilling, Corsair fleets attempting to assault Yaren and you know what?

The server has been ALIVE. We've pushed past one hundred, we've started to return to 2012.

So, I ask you.

Was the events in Delta beneficial to the server?
Yes
These drama events are usually all the same. They bring hell lot of activity both ingame and on forums (and in this one, forums activity was incredibly high). Cost of it is high amount of violation reports, lot of work for admins (which also have to adjust reputation and sometimes consider change of rules), sometimes silly situations and ooRP arguments and drama all over the place.

Once in a while such event is fine I would say. But having it regularly, I guess part of the community would have heads exploded very soon.

(05-09-2016, 08:31 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Now, beyond Order/SCRA/Zoners vs Core/Rhienland
Just a clarification - be careful with the second part - Rheinland is not united regarding Omicron events at this moment. While RM jumped in, BDM declared only material support, Rheingov is still at point of declared neutrality and ALG even declared Core as hostile due to attack on their ships.
Even though I myself couldn't participate in the event, I was very happy to see Disco living again.
So, I say such events can make the server truly alive.
For me, it's YES.
(05-09-2016, 08:45 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]These drama events are usually all the same. They bring hell lot of activity both ingame and on forums (and in this one, forums activity was incredibly high). Cost of it is high amount of violation reports, lot of work for admins (which also have to adjust reputation and sometimes consider change of rules), sometimes silly situations and ooRP arguments and drama all over the place.

Once in a while such event is fine I would say. But having it regularly, I guess part of the community would have heads exploded very soon.

(05-09-2016, 08:31 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Now, beyond Order/SCRA/Zoners vs Core/Rhienland
Just a clarification - be careful with the second part - Rheinland is not united regarding Omicron events at this moment. While RM jumped in, BDM declared only material support, Rheingov is still at point of declared neutrality and ALG even declared Core as hostile due to attack on their ships.

Yes, violation reports go high. But paperwork is a small price to pay for activity at times.

And yes, I do apologize. Should have been more clear with that. I do know the current split between the Military and Government. I'll edit it.
Yes.

Now we need more drama in other areas to shake things up.
Game masters, ball is in your court.

<3
(05-09-2016, 08:48 AM)Silver Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes.

<3

Let's grab a few HF bombers and nuke Norfolk 8-|
(05-09-2016, 08:50 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2016, 08:48 AM)Silver Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes.

<3

Let's grab a few HF bombers and nuke Norfolk 8-|

I was going to solo the Durango the other day, and someone logged off.
<3
They definitely make things more lively, I wish Liberty in some way would get in on this. All I see is the very occasional pirate, usually a light fighter that doesn't know any better... sigh.
More paper work or let server die-off , hmm , tough choice !
Pages: 1 2 3