Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.88.5 - Spring Update; Kusari, Sigmas, (N)Omicrons, Hispania, & Omegas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Those old massive balls of energy being as big as half of a gunboat, but at least twice the size of the gun firing them for sure, enlightening entire star systems upon impact, were always looking ridiculously exaggerated for me. And now we got those balls back. And people are asking for the "whole-system flare" impact effect. Hoorraah, I guess.
The impact effect was awesome for mortars.
plis
Really cool.
From far away you can tell where a battleship fight was and it was sick!
(05-12-2016, 10:48 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]The impact effect was awesome for mortars.
plis
Really cool.
From far away you can tell where a battleship fight was and it was sick!

That's what I missed so much...
The best was that the effect stuck to the model, so if the ship turned or pitched while the it lasted, then so did those 20k radius pair of rings with it. Beautiful disco lights.
(05-12-2016, 06:06 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and it would have been seen by them if they bothered to launch their client to check their changes...

I know for infocards it appears there was a huge merge mistake that reverted about ~4 months worth of infocard edits.
For everything else, there's pretty much no excuse. Proper testing should have been done prior to deployment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(05-12-2016, 11:00 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2016, 06:06 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and it would have been seen by them if they bothered to launch their client to check their changes...

I know for infocards it appears there was a huge merge mistake that reverted about ~4 months worth of infocard edits.
For everything else, there's pretty much no excuse. Proper testing should have been done prior to deployment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

savage

Meanwhile, people are still tracking down the many broken infocards.
Any chance we might get a CNS report about it now that the GMG invasion of Kurile has started?
DISCLAIMER: This is not an attack on anyone as a person. What I will be describing in the following is only criticism on a professional level. Keep in mind that this is MY perspective and my perspective only. I might have missed out on some details that i didn't have any insight on.

In this post I will be refering to all the changes done to the AI vessels and Omicron Kappa.

Let's begin with the good things: The redesign of the AI cruiser is fair and completely understandable. In my personal oppinion the only thing that needed fixing was the crosshair, but that's only what I think.

Now for the bad part: From what I've seen this update has the potential to destroy the AI as a faction.

The AI Drone: This powercore reduction basically stripped the AI as a faction (NPC and official) off its bomber. The AI drone was special because it was not only capable fighting against snubs, but could also take on larger ships if there were more than one. As it is now the drone may still be good as a fighter, but basically the AI lost "one of its ships".

AI NPCs: Now this was more of an uncertain change. We were told that it was likely that there will be AI NPCs. As of now I haven't encountered any and I don't thing they have been implemented. We haven't been told why and I have even seen concepts successful of how this change could be implemented.

Omicron Kappa: Now this was a major punch in the face for the AI. We were informed about the reasons Omicron Kappa and Omicron 74 were merged and at first I though this was a good thing, because PRIME or the AI in general was given some attention. Turns out I was wrong. Right now the territory of the AI in Omicron Kappa was reduced to not even a quarter of what it used to be. Planet Gammu was also not hid away in an ice cloud as we were told, but is clearly visible throughout the system.

I'm a pretty calm and collected person that tried to think rational about how I make decisions and I try to think myself into other peoples places. But right now I'm at the verge of blind rage. I know that those changes are only to scope things out, but as it is right now the AI got screwed over pretty badly.
The changes as they are right now are so incredibly harmful to the AI that they destroy everything that what it stands for as a faction. The mystery of this collective of sentient machines inhabitating a remote system gone (see "Omicron Kappa"), it being technologically advanced is no longer reflected in the vessels (see "AI Drone") and there still is no sign of presence in its supposed home system.

The communication with the dev team concerning all thise changes was poor at best. The communication with about those changes was horrible. All that came from it were justifications why we didn't hear anything from dev side for (literally) a month and vague details about what changes COULD look like.
There was no information about what changes will affect the AI as a faction, no attempt of integrating us in the development process and most importantly no chance for us to even get involved with the development process because of the delayed answers and the appearent lack of intention to take advise from us concerning the development process (despite the fact that we were told that we would get the chance to do so).

In conclusion I am shocked about the dev teams lack of sensible communication with faction leaders, the apathy towards changes being made, the unequal priorities between changes to factions whos leader is part of the development team and lacking integration of faction leaders in the development process.
I am fully aware that neither the admin team, nor the dev team have any sort of obligation to adjust any of those changes, but it would be a statement to the community that if someone feels treated unjust, their voice will be heard and they will be taked with.

I would immensely apreciate it if someone could talk matters over with me in person, take time to listen to my requests and explain to me if things can be worked on and especially is they can be worked on: how.
The AI Drone was indefensibly and ridiculously overpowered, second only to the Wraith.

It being nerfed is the right step forward. However, I do believe you deserve a bomber, and should take steps towards having one placed in the mod.
Steps towards that are already being made. We are missing a model though, since D!ce seems to have disappeard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11