Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Guide/Wiki for system objects/.ini-file-Generator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Discovery Freelancer are a lot of of parameters, which even a professional system modder can't remember all together (in my opinion). That's why I thought about a Wiki or a code generator for the parameters of jumpgates, archetypes and the other objects in a system.

There're 2 possibilities, which pop up into my mind:

Possibility 1 a Wiki
- For all fields, where the parameter will be set in, would be a short definition and a list of the available parameters great.
- For the Archetype-Wiki it's maybe enough if the Wiki contains a table with picture of an archetype with the matching name.
- For the Jumpgate-Wiki it would be great, if it's containing a little list of the systems (where the jump should end), the jump effects and the rest.
Possibility 2 a .ini-file-Generator as a website
A "ini-file-Generator"(if that is possible), where you can enter your wishes. Imagine you want to make a object for a system, then you would enter the type of the thing (in this case "object"). After that there would pop up a new question: "name?" than "pos?" and so on. At all question could pop up a list with the types of the avaliable parameters, to make it easier (like at possibility 1).
With this you'll get step by step a .ini-file for an object of system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guide would be like Possibility 1.

I hope you know what I mean.
Or just a guide. Like the wiki in Possibility 1.
This is a lot of work, but would be worth it once it's done. Is the Interactive nav-Map up to date?
(07-11-2016, 10:36 PM)Sorrontis Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Interactive nav-Map up to date?

It is.