Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Independent Miner's Guild (IMG|)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Interruptor.Maxwell.Tarn.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: QD0ji1s.png?1][Image: 4Ud7VYL.png]

Good day,

It has been a long time since our two organizations last made contact. A regrettably long time, in fact. Such temporal distance has a way of blurring the lines between allies and enemies, wouldn't you say? Old ties can be forgotten with new leadership. Initiates can maintain troublesome personal biases in the face of the truth. Perhaps, in light of that, one could see why my colleague Mr. Weisen received such a frosty reception from your representatives. We, however, do not forget favors given and favors owed.

When your pilot, one Julia Morrow, was contacted by Mr. Weisen to renew relations between our organizations he found their conversation cut off. It seems the pilot in question cared more to speak with the Order's border guards than one of our Deceivers. That is understandable. Mr. Weisen certainly did not let it deter him - in fact he offered to intervene with the Order on your behalf, an offer made in the spirit of good faith and brotherhood. However, your pilot refused his generous offer. We certainly hope that this dismissive view has not overtaken the ranks of the Independent Miner's Guild.

And yet, when Mr. Weisen contacted another of your pilots, one Tom Marsh, he received equally disagreeable treatment. This is a worrying development to say the least. We cannot fathom why the goodwill and understanding fostered between our organizations has deteriorated to this state. The Lane Hackers most certainly hope to work with the Independent Miner's Guild again, but if our overtures towards cooperation are once again refused what conclusions are we to draw?

Despite these troubling situations, the Lane Hackers would like to extend the olive branch once again. We hope to renew our cordial relationship with the Independent Miner's Guild, but the Professorship is wary due to what has transpired in our recent communications. Perhaps a show of friendship from the Guild would help smooth things over. The Lane Hackers have many things to accomplish across Sirius, and the Guild certainly possesses some resources we do not. We both have our principles, after all, and favors given to the Lane Hackers are always repaid.

We hope to hear good news from the Guild in the days to come.

Regards,
Maxwell Tarn

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Julia Morrow

¤ TARGET-ID: Lane Hackers

¤ SUBJECT: Apology

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Mr. Wolfgang Weisen,

My name is Julia Morrow and I would like to apologize for my less than very polite and somewhat inadequate behaviour when contacted by Mr. Wolfgang Weisen. You can believe me that even a routine questioning by Order agents takes the full attention of a Convoy Leader, and leading a flight plus answering the questions is already very difficult.

This does not excuse the shortness and the perceived (however unintended) rudeness and direct rejection of your benevolent offer. It was a hectic situation and I could not afford to divert any of my attention from the too many tasks that I was trying to accomplish at this moment.

Perhaps, if you do not think this as inappropriate, I would just give you a private number and whenever you are around the Taus, call me. I find it easier to explain things and to actually not be misunderstood over a dinner conversation.

I hope you can forgive me for this rudeness.

Julia Morrow
Convoy Leader

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Maxwell Tarn

¤ SUBJECT: Lane Hackers - IMG Relations

Dear Mr. Maxwell Tarn,

Thank you for bringing the communication issue that occurred between Ms. Morrow, Mr. Marsh and Mr. Weisen to our attention. Ms. Morrow has already been instructed to find ways to fix this regrettable failed interaction and she has reported that she wrote an apology yesterday. I assume that there should not be much of a personal conflict after reading the log files, however explanation and de-escalation are always a good concepts.

However, I think we both know that the picture is bigger and that we should have a look at the situation in general, I agree fully on that point you brought up. Let's face it, the changes that were forced on the IMG in Magellan - the forceful takeover of Freeport 4 by the Liberty Navy in the wake of unavoidable occupation by the GRN - also affect more than just us. I am aware that this change has consequences for the Lane Hackers who we regard as esteemed friends and respect them for their extraordinary skills. It is indeed a difficult situation at the moment, however I think there is still the working agreement we have had for a long time - I'd call it a sort of invisible cooperation, and I'll just briefly point on the figures of intercepted Lane Hacker vessels by Tau patrols, in comparison to other major players that use the same route.

You are right, Mr. Tarn, if you reach out now and I agree it is a good moment for the Guild to show their continued friendship and support for your cause. What comes to my mind would be to deploy a few discreet logistical capacities and personel towards the region and to make sure that necessary goods or access to infrastructure as well as intel are in place.

Anyway, let me hear what our resources can do to help you with your projects.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

...Interruptor.Maxwell.Tarn.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: AeiPVhz.png?1][Image: 4Ud7VYL.png]

Most excellent!

I was pleased to be able to forward Ms. Morrow's response to Mr. Weisen. I imagine he, too, will be quite happy to see such sincere contrition from your pilot. We know that many things may happen in the heat of the moment, and we are happy that the Guildmasters see the long-term benefits of cooperation with the Lane Hackers. Furthermore, the Professorship believes that your offer of logistical support is an excellent route towards smoothing over any past issues between our pilots. I have been provided a list of minor inconveniences which we hope you can help us ameliorate.

Firstly, we do have some unusual constraints on our supply lines due to the fluid nature of the Gallic front, but that hermit kingdom does provide potential benefits as well. The Lane Hackers have become interested in acquiring Hypnotainment Bands from Gallia, an interesting article of technology that unfortunately remains contraband within our space. We believe you may be able to deliver them more safely than we can, seeing as you have access to Gallic markets, and we would like to place an order for a number of them. We would like 20,000 (Twenty Thousand) Hypnotainment Bands to be delivered to Cochrane Depot for this purpose. Naturally your pilots will be compensated on-site for the deliveries, as we understand that all good work deserves a proper reward.

Secondly, it appears that some of our pilots have earned a bit of a negative reputation with the Guild, and we would like your help in order to rehabilitate their image. If your pilots could take them along on a few missions for the Guild it would go a long way towards bringing our organizations closer together, and should serve to show our commitment to better relations with the Guild's membership. If you find this acceptable, the Hacker in question will contact your pilots in space to coordinate their efforts.

Once again, it pleases us to see your continued commitment to our partnership. We hope that there will be more opportunities for cooperation in the future.

Regards,
Maxwell Tarn

Dear Mr. Maxwell Tarn,

The Hypnotainment Bands should not be a problem, and I'll try to get some of my shippers onto the task. With recent Sirian developments and the necessity to turn towards a more interventionist and active foreign policy at the moment, there is some strain on transportation capacities, but I am rather sure that we can reroute some resource shipments discreetly. Expect the first batches of Hypnotainment Bands within the day.

Embedding Lane Hacker vessels into our missions can be done easily, however the area of operations has to be chosen wisely. I assume that missions against the Outcast in the Taus might not be exactly what some of your pilots are particularly fond of. Same for us engaging Liberty Rogues, I assume. Missions in Dublin or Omegas against Corsairs might work better, and depending on the sort of cooperation you look for.... or... you do not ask questions and we go for a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. I am find with every choice. Tell your pilots to contact IMG vessels in space.

I would like to ask for a little favour myself. I need a safe way to transfer money into regions of crisis and regions of new interest with limited banking infrastructure for some discreet business, without leaving any traces, no breadcrumbs that lead back to me. Rheinland banking and transmission infrastructure has to be strictly kept out of it, to even keep the Nachrichtendienst from catching a scent of the financial movements. This is not a Guild undertaking, so we have a lot more freedom in the handling of this, as IMG regulations are not applicable.

And, to add some little small talk to our rather direct and business conversation: what's your take on recent Omicron Delta developments?

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

¤ COMM-ID: Julia Morrow

¤ TARGET-ID: Lane Hackers

¤ SUBJECT: Apology

My name is Julia Morrow and I have to say we managed to put some extra effort into fixing this little thing that I created. I apologize again for my rudeness and I am a little proud that we managed to run a convoy loaded with contraband goods from Gallia to Liberty without being seen by anybody. We might have broken 22 to 43 laws on the route, and like every single transportation guideline in the Guild, but here you are: your cargo has been delivered, even more than you needed.

Enjoy this cargo that I totally mistook for the harmless version of the holotainment bands, but ye. Anyway. My apologies again for having been rude, and, ye. Have fun!

Oh and, don't worry about the color of the scanners of my ship. As convoy leader, I get checked often, so I make sure that they see my settings and you show red of course. We had three transports that did the loading and unloading action. Naughty naughty, I do know.

Julia Morrow
Convoy Leader

...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Guten Tag, Wolfgang Weisen here.

I feel I have already forgotten Ms Morrow's conduct the other day. No hard feelings anymore.

Mr Henderson I believe you have done an excellent job with the band deliveries. We only ask from you to remember our special relationship from time to time. So far we were the only ones who actively pursued some form of interaction. And you know what they say about the one-way relationships; they never last long. Finally, IMG| ships will be contacted within the following hours for the missions that one of our ship requires.

To answer your question, the Lane Hackers have publicly sided with the oppressed Zoners of Freeport 11 and actively supported the relief efforts.

Regarding your request, I feel I should first reveal a few more details about my history.

I am a former Interspace Commerce employee working for more than two decades for the economic giant. One of the most important battles I used to give was against the black market including illicit money transfers. You see, Interspace Commerce and House government love to fully control every economic aspect of our society. Nothing can be secret, no transaction should happen without them knowing.

The most common way to curb illicit money transfers to and from off-House banks is to create fake banks which you think they are independent and trustworthy but in reality they are Interspace proxies. Or proxies from House governments, they employ that tactic too.

However the Lane Hackers and especially those coming from Interspace Commerce devised ways to ensure that the people of Sirius can enjoy their privacy once again. Mr Henderson, I believe that as you have privacy rights in your social life so you are entitled to rights on your economic life too. We have established an automatic banking system outside House territory in which you send the amount of credits and the IBAN destination and the system automatically makes the transfer anonymously within the next 24 hours.

¤ TARGET-ID: Wolfgang Weisen

I will make sure to remind our pilots to honour and actively further the special relation that links the Guild and the Lane Hackers. While I do not see our relation as one-sided, I understand what you are implying, and I am sure we can agree that there are always ways to improve. That's what the Guild will be striving for.

I have been informed by Ms. Morrow that there will be a meeting soon. I'll entrust her with the data needed to set up the monetary transaction infrastructure because I suddenly most definitely feel that my privacy rights in my social life need a lot more protection. I would be glad if the system could be set up as quickly as possible because of urgent matters to attend. Furthermore, Ms. Morrow will carry a set of intel about some ideas regarding the Delta and Sigma conflict, and I would be very happy if you could find the time to discuss these with my agent. I think we might have some shared interests, and assets that could profit from each other.

Furthermore, in order to make the cooperative mission possible, it would likely be best to notify our patrol coordination center via the encrypted Sky-P-Three uplink. You'll find the data key attached, but I am actually pretty sure you do not even need it.

I am looking forward to more cooperation!

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

¤ SUBJECT: Innocent Souls

Dear Mr. Maxwell Tarn,

It's me again, Jack Henderson from the Independent Miners Guild. Last time we were talking about improving our way of communicating and cooperating, and I want to believe that this is not a one way road.

I am convinced that together we can find a better solution for the humanitarian aspect of the current political refugee crisis.

I know what a problem it is if you unexpectedly end up with thousands of people and as many dead bodies that are just suddenly there after being pulled from a wreck. It's an old Tau story. I am convinced that the Lane Hackers want to solve the logistical problems that come naturally in this situation quickly and without drawing too much attention to your operations.

I know the Republic very well and I do not have to tell you that they will be hell-bent not only on revenge for every life lost, but that they will put up a close-knit net of additional patrols on the routes to Malta, knowing one likely fate for these people. Successful or not successful, in any case more lives will be lost - this time on all three sides. But the innocent will in every outcome pay the highest, most likely the ultimate price.

The Guild doesn't want to interfere in any of your interactions. We do not care how the Republic and the Lane Hackers interact and will neither comment nor judge.

But the Guild cares for the innocent lives of the refugees who managed to escape a dying planet, gave up their homes just to lose even more, and who are currently in danger of losing everything.

The Guild is hereby engaging in negotiations with the Lane Hackers for these people, with the Guild acting as a neutral entity solely interested in the fate of the hostages.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
Operations Coordinations

...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Yoshida here.

Mr Henderson, I do not think you understand what happened. The Colonials engaged in illegal and unethical human smuggling activities and you wish to complete what they started?

I have also not seen any condemnation from the IMG about their actions. Have you forgotten that about a thousand perished as a result of their actions? Instead you assume that we will send the survivors to Malta. What the Lane Hackers have done to you to treat us so disrespectfully?

In any case, it does not matter anymore. I purposefully refrained from replying in this channel in order to protect you from another political fallout with Rheinland's authorities. The refugees, about 2500 men, women and children, were transferred to the jurisdiction of the Bundesrepublik of Rheinland along with the Colonial human trafficking evidence. Your name was not mentioned anywhere.

Goodbye for now, IMG Coordinator.

Pages: 1 2