Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do you change the HUD window color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, the title says it all. I've been trying to find an explanation on how to change the color of the HUD windows, and have not had any luck. I found the thread in the tutorial section on how to change interface colors, but it only affects the contacts colors. I've seen different HUD display colors in a few YouTube videos, so I know it's possible. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Sorry, just realized I posted this in the Launcher thread.
[quote='Langolier' pid='1778751' dateline='1463318125']
Yeah, the title says it all. I've been trying to find an explanation on how to change the color of the HUD windows, and have not had any luck. I found the thread in the tutorial section on how to change interface colors, but it only affects the contacts colors. I've seen different HUD display colors in a few YouTube videos, so I know it's possible. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the Launcher thread.
Warning! Changing the .ini files on Discovery Freelancer in an unapproved way can cause you to get cheating messages and possibly banned.

With that said, here's a post on how to change colors from an old archive. If you do not feel comfortable changing the .ini files yourself, look in the freelancer discovery help thread and find a modification that is allowed. I'm not sure if this is a viable option, it may not work for the Disco Freelancer .ini files. (get you kicked at the very least)

Might need to run it by a orange or green first.

Archive