Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Congregational Meeting - Junker's Town
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now calling all members of Junker Congress to attendance.
The discussion held here will decide the future of our business with Junker's Town.
As many of you know the advent of the Junker Marauders has introduced a second set of Junkers to Sirius. Before the Marauders, San Juan was our Capitol. However, now that there are two groups of Junkers it no longer made sense for us to maintain our research station as our Capitol. Due to the nature of the experiments on San Juan, access to the station is highly restricted. It made perfect sense for us to construct a station that all Junkers could interact with. Junker's Town is that station. For some time now it has served it's purpose perfectly. Maintaining a Blackmarket for some of our more "unlawful" friends while dealing Premium Scrap to more reputable sources. During a recent mining operation the station was filled all to quickly. Deputy Arbiter Bill Hickok contacted Bruce Samson in order to brainstorm a solution to the storage problem. It was Bill's intent to cleanse the station of the lesser used commodities, however, Bruce has presented another idea. It may be possible to upgrade the station. Currently the station is Core 3. Upgrading the station will take quite a bit of work and may draw the attention of our enemies. There are pros and cons to pursuing a Core Upgrade. We are here to discuss this issue before calling it to a vote.

Step forward and announce yourselves.
State your name and rank in order to be heard.
If you have an opinion, advice from experience, some pros/cons, or any ideas on how to proceed please take the time to voice it.
After everyone has had ample time to speak we will call the issue to vote.
Well Member Juan "El Burrito" Ortega here. I am responding to the call made by the Arbiters.

*takes a seat*

I got no opinions or any of that particular thingees bout the station, but i am willing to listen thru all the talk

*lights up a cigars*
[Image: Tak83oh.png]

John McAllister from the bridge of the .:j:.Money-Maker, back from a long journey in the deep space, but we will speak of this another day.

Well, I don't have all the news yet, but I heard that our zoners friends have some troubles in the Omicrons. I think the priority would be the help them there. However, expanding our business is always a good thing, and on the long term, it would be more profitable for us, and our friends.

I think expanding Junker's Town is a good thing, but I also think we should'nt do it alone. We have some trade partners that could help us in this task, in exchange of something of course, like the right to come in Puerto Rico or things like that. Of course, it's only for trusted partners, not dumbass authorities of Liberty or any other Houses.

Anyway, I think we should consider some associates in this task before to go further.

I will give the floor to my fellow congressmen now, it was already a too long speech after all this time away from home.

[Image: rowtWoC.png]
[Image: s2ZFStK.png]

Good Evening,

I am Director of Rheinland, Mr Tyler Hall.

*Walks across to a table with a bottle of rheinbier awaiting to be drunk, as soon as he reaches the table he takes a seat*

I believe this is a good choice to be made, this will bring more business in and it will open more business for our fellow Congressmen and women.

The pros about the Core upgrade will be; more room for premium scrap and more business for us and our allies/friends.
The cons about the Core upgrade will be; it will take time, effort, hard work from all our congressmen and women.

This is all I have to say for the moment.

*He then sits back and listens in.*

[Image: JNAJZWr.png]
A overly tall, rather skinny, man stands up, directly behind Juan

”"Stoner" Steve Squigs, reporting.” he fumbled for a moment with his synth weed cartridge before taking a rather long hit, while still standing, before continuing. ”While it has been some time since then, I am the former Adjudicator of Saltese Station, and I have a bolder proposition.” again he pauses, ensuring the whole room is hearing him. ”I propose we rebuild Saltese, within Texas.” a grin rapidly fills his face. ”You see, why worry about having the 'contraband' with our scrap sales when we can simply divide and conquer. Allow Junkertown to handle all our questionable sales within the safety of Puerto Rico, and let Saltese run amok with the Navy, Police, "secret" police, whatever the Government wants to throw at us to ensure we are, legal.” another pause, and another grin, ”Understand however that my proposition this isn't a simple base upgrade."

"Congressman Sonny Mckenna ere. What uh.. Would specifically be the cons to upgrading a base we need upgraded? Sorta thinking making another base elsewhere would be sorta silly considering the damn things only get easier to take care of the more upgraded they are. "

sonny sat back down.

.:.:.:.: INCOMING TRANSMISSION

.:.:.:.: SENDER: JAKE VALLON

.:.:.:.: SUBJECT: Some Meeting?

*Takes a long toke*

Hey!

Jake here, and... damn, what was my position title again? Talker? No. Uhhh, communicator? Bah, no that's not it either. Damnit! C'mon, I know this one... YES! That's it! I'm an Ambassador! ...I think?

Anyways, so we wantin' to upgrade one of our bases? I... which base is it again? Let me see... oh, yeah, right. Junker's Town. Yeah I don't see any issue with that. I mean hell, why would we NOT want to upgrade it? Bigger space, more stuff to do, places for me and Stevey to chill and hang out?

Yeah, I'm on board. Well, I mean I'm not on board Junker's Town right now. I mean i'm on board with the plan. I'm on board my ship the Sour.Diesel right now. Just cruisin' around. All's good guys. All's good.

*Takes another toke, before humming to the music playing*
.:*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*:.

[Image: Imam-Kashif-Abdul-Karim-Hartford-CT.jpg]

Sender: Abdul "Khan" Kharim

Encryption: Mid

Subject: Meeting

Greetings, I am Abdul "Khan" Kharim", I heard there's some sort of meeting? I dont really have a clue about you want to say there, but I will join your meeting and hear what you have to say.

Regards, Abdul "Khan" Kharim

.:*TRANSMISSION TERMINATED*:.
::Incoming Transmissions::

[Image: hPMi50g.jpg]

Subject: My opinion about the meeting

Ahoy Brothers! I thought about the necessity to upgrade the station, and so consequently, our business. But in my opinion it's wise for us to divide the tasks of supplies in a number of groups as we do not waste much time, and therefore money. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm here to listen * smiles *.

Cesar Over and Out

Cesar Rodriguez

::Transmissions Terminated::
Richard van Pelt here. I know, I know, these days I'm off enjoying the finer things in life in the omicrons instead of well, getting even richer. If I were forced to give an opinion on this, it would be to suggest extending a hand to the Marauders to partner up on the upgrades, maintenance, and profits of this base. While they most likely would not go for such a thing, it would be a solid show of goodwill towards this group
Pages: 1 2