Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Antonio's Music & Sound Pack - v1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Antonio's Music & Sound Pack v1.0

Sound Pack

The sound pack consists of mixing the vanilla, Hidamari's and previous Discovery versions' sounds. My goal was to mostly fix the annoying loud sounds we currently have such as capital ship primary weapons and mines + CDs, but I also changed or reverted quite a few. An important note - this is more of a fix with extra features rather than a sound mod. I barely changed the current gun firing and impact sounds except the problematic ones. I won't list all the changes, but some of the more notable ones are:

- Reverted the Battleship Cerberus gun to the old version
- Fixed the Capital ship Primary weapons
- Fixed the CDs and mines
- Changed Heavy Flashpoints' sound to make it more appealing
- Changed the SNAC / Heavy Mortar sound
- Added Nomad jumpgate sound effect
- Removed the police siren sound
- Changed the cloaking sound
- Changed CD, missile and hellfire firing and impact sounds

Music Pack

This one was made because I got bored of the vanilla music, I've been playing without the music for literally years, and wanted a change. The mod consists of Iris' Freelancer Reimagined Music Overhaul and my personal music that I find suitable. I didn't change all the sounds, the ones less used in vanilla pretty much stayed the same. All houses + Border, Edge, Independent worlds got new music for space, danger and combat. There's also a special track for Nomad worlds.

How do I install the packs?

1. Back up your Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA\AUDIO folder. The first and most important step to do in case you screw up somewhere or just don't like the pack and want the old one back.
2. Download the sound & music pack from here. Once the window opens, click on the "Download This File" bar. The download is over 1 GB large because the .wav files are massive. Make sure you have enough disk space before downloading.
3. Close any Freelancer window you have open.
4. Extract the ZIP folder to a location of your choice.
5. You'll find two folders: MUSIC and SOUNDS. Copy the ones you want to use and paste them in Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA\AUDIO. It'll ask you to overwrite files, click "Yes for all" or anything similar to that.
6. The music and/or sound pack should now be functional. Delete the ZIP folder if you wish, and play as normal.
7. If you wish to uninstall the music pack, all you need to do is extract your backed up AUDIO folder, and drag it into the Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA folder and overwrite everything again. The pack adds no new files, it just overwrites old ones.

Credits to:
- for the Freelancer Reimagined: Complete Music Overhaul (v1.0)
- for his Sound Mod

My intention wasn't to claim your content, all the audio you originally implemented and I used in my pack I used solely for the purpose of making it the best possible for everyone, combined with my personal added sounds.

That's pretty much it, let me know your thoughts as well as any bugs or questions.
Please make a short video that has the sounds! Smile Please?
That'd take way more effort than you simply downloading the pack and trying it out. As I've said only the minority of the sounds have been changed, and if you want I can give you the links of music I used. For the weapon sounds it's more of a fix than an actual mod, as mentioned in the OP.
(05-25-2016, 03:14 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]I can give you the links of music I used
that please