Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vanilla CTD with Video card error, works on Discoveryy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was wondering if any of the Mod Guru's could help.
Since building a new system:
Intel Pentium 3G processor
4G ram
Nvidia GeForce GT630 video card at 2G
Still running WinXP Pro w/SP3
Directx v. 9.0
fresh install of FP - CTD on launch after giving me "video card not recognized" error on first try,
failure to launch at all after being told to continue anyway.

Discovery works, runs fine, but vanilla FL does not,
I still enjoy some mindless vanilla SP from time to time.

My question is, can anyone point me in the right direction for modding Vanilla to a working facsimile of Discovery's
files/library structure to make vanilla work. We know it can because Discovery works fine, no issues.
I'm fairly experienced with file modding, been on mod teams before.
Again, fresh install of FP, unmodded and pristine is failing to launch.
Any input would be appreciated.

i know the Devs put a lot of work into making old FP work with newer equip.
I just need a few pointers, not looking to steal anyone's work. Any patches out there that can help?
Do you have Windows 10 by an chance, since I had the same problem, Although I didnt get a Graphics card Error (GTX 750Ti, Just incase you're wondering!), I just got a CTD! (It just doesnt play older games for some reason, I looked it up and its something to do with the anti-Pirate software on the disc not compatible with it, I can play hardly any of my older games on my new system for this reason it seems, Idk how they messed it up!)

the Discovery Mod runs fine for me too, But thats where I believe your problem lies if you did a fresh install and it still doesnt work, Currently the only way I know around this issue is installing a Virtual OS! (But IDK, maybe something else works that im not aware of!)