Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Official Discovery Model to-do list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
While 's list was useful in ascertaining the most frequently requested ships, we in the devteam have decided to compile our own official model-to list based on four factors: Balance, Quality, Requests, and Lore.

This list serves as the definitive guide to what models the devteam is currently looking for and what work is available for the community to help out with.

So without further adieu, here is the Official Discovery GC Model to-do list.

Notes -

- Quality Approved Modelers (QAMs) mentioned in the quality page of the sheet are modelers who have proven themselves capable of developing art assets for the Discovery mod without devteam oversight. They meet the standard of quality we want to see in Discovery models, which you can expect official documentation on soon. These are the only modelers authorized to work on improving currently low quality models.

- If you intend to start work on a model, please post it here. This is NOT to prevent anyone from attempting their own take on a model, only to help keep track of who is doing what.

- Models with placeholder names are marked with asterisks. Models may still be named by their faction leaders, but all in this list have been given placeholder names for both suggestion and simplicity.

- There are several stages listed to the development process for 3d art assets, explained as follows:

Queued - A modeler plans to take up this project. Don't let this discourage you from working on it yourself! Competition breeds better results, many and models often end up uncompleted, in limbo. The more attempts, the better!

WIP - Standing for work in progress, the WIP stage of a model covers everything from
modeling and texturing to animation and glowmaps. Essentially everything done in the modeling program itself.

Finalization - In this stage the exported model is hitboxed and hardpointed.

Completed - The model is in .CMP format, hardpointed and hitboxed, and will be available in the next update.

We welcome all input, inquiries, and inquisitions. Please use this thread to inform the devteam if you decide to work on a model, have a model request, and for any questions about the process.

- Justin
Xeno VHF, Queued by me. (I omit other ships that are not on list).
BW GB (Montane) queued by me as well.
Is it intentional that the new Upholder by Robert is missing?

Edit: Also see no new Executioner requested. Also why separate the Rogue/Molly line now?
(06-01-2016, 08:51 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Is it intentional that the new Upholder by Robert is missing?

It is done according to my info.

(06-01-2016, 08:51 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Also see no new Executioner requested. Also why separate the Rogue/Molly line now?

I think it is mentioned as "Sentinel"
Urgh... so will the old one be kept then? Or why the name change?

Also there is other completed ships on there. And the Upholder is not in the game. So why not list it? I just fear that Robert did that work for naught and it is good work.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=20736

8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| v
Skorak said: Wrote:And the Upholder is not in the game.

On the contrary. The Upholder is very well in the game. If it is not, what have I been piloting?

In all honesty, I love the design that Robert made to replace it. It looks a lot better than the clunky version we have... with two crewmen and dual engines...mmmm...that true bomber feel.
It seems that it somehow failed to pass to this list, but the Hogosha (in addition to the Irezumi remodel) are looking for a potential gunship/gunboat to be added into the game.
Since Junkers and GMG have received theirs and now even GC seem to be slated to get a gunship, it becomes more and more apparent that Hogosha and Farmers Alliance can't work out on Ahoudouri and imported Imperators alone...

Also, I keep hearing from time to time that the BD gunboat is bad. Not sure if it's stats, or if it's something with the model. Worth checking out.
(06-01-2016, 10:41 AM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]
Skorak said: Wrote:And the Upholder is not in the game.

On the contrary. The Upholder is very well in the game. If it is not, what have I been piloting?

In all honesty, I love the design that Robert made to replace it. It looks a lot better than the clunky version we have... with two crewmen and dual engines...mmmm...that true bomber feel.

That is what this is about. Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7