Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi! I'm new!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just started playing Freelancer a month or two ago- picked it up in the bargain bin at an Office store. I "beat" the game in single player, then started looking for an online server. Downloaded the Discovery mod- wow! Awesome work by the developers! :yahoo:

As soon as I work out how to connect to the "Disco" RP24/7 server, I intend to enjoy some serious (but not too serious) roleplay. {BTW, I already did a forum search, read and followed the tuorial, and am still having problems connecting. We'll figure it out eventually.}

Working on a RP character for the game. So far he's an ethnic Rheinlander whose Grandparents emigrated to Liberty. He grew up wanting to be a star pilot, watching the adventures of Ford Harrison on the serial vids, and later like all kids of his generation wanting to be Edison Trent. He crewed on his uncle's freighter, and worked two jobs to save up for flight training. He just got his pilot's license. Between his savings and a small win in the New York lottery, he's scraped together enough to buy a very used Starflier, and the whole universe is his apple.

So anyway, glad to be here. Can't wait to get online so I can hack the server, buy a capital ship with invulnerable shields, and fly around breaking every server rule and faction law while shooting down players without warning and shouting OORP insults in system chat. ;)
Hello and Welcome!

If you're not sure how to connect, right click on your fl icon on the desktop, and in target(file path) after the X:\Folder where you installed\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe put -s82.113.48.5:2302

For me it looks like this:
D:\Igre\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe -s82.113.48.5:2302

Just go into the game via the shortcut(only that way), and click multiplayer, LAN/Internet(makes no difference) and the only available server will be Discovery RP 24/7..

Btw, read the rules, obey them, and have fun..

Oh and btw, ignore any comment made by "noobl3t"
' Wrote:Oh and btw, ignore any comment made by "noobl3t"

Welcome.

The line is redundant at this point in time, as stated in another thread.

If you need any help PM me, however it appears you have the hang of this thing.

Try to have fun.:D
' Wrote:Welcome.

The line is redundant at this point in time, as stated in another thread.

If you need any help PM me, however it appears you have the hang of this thing.

Try to have fun.:D

Well I guess I'm not up to date:P..nice defence noobl3t
' Wrote:Well I guess I'm not up to date:P..nice defence noobl3t

' Wrote:The good old line has achieved it's purpose, so it will take it's leave. Hopefully it will not ever be needed again, but knowing how the past repeats itself I would doubt that.

Updated. (I trust you understand what the good old line is?):P
Well aside from the last replies, welcome to disco.
hi, welcome around ^^
Have fun, find a faction that fits your play stlye, and talk first Shoot second. Unlike single player where it is, if it is red shoot it. But hey, you read the rules so you know that.

welcome to Disco RP.

p.s. If your problem is you can get to the server but your character keeps getting booted. check out this thread.
Well, welcome to Disco! If you need a hand with anything or any advice ask us, very friendly community here.
Thanks. The problem seems to be Vista.

Went through the whole Vista tutorial, dumped Avast! in favor of AVG, killed Windows firewall, etc. No luck so far- will keep trying. Tried the "-s" switch on the shortcut, but that didn't help either. I can't connect to any of the other Discovery servers either (downloaded a work around for the Global server being lost.)

I hate it when an error message or help entry says "Contact your network administrator". I am the network admin fer cryin' out loud, even if it is just a wireless G router plugged into the cable modem. :angry:

And as far as "the rules", If my character is ever careless enough to get caught with a hold full of illegal cargo, or pirating in sight of witnesses, I expect that my character will be punished to the fullest extent of the law. It wouldn't be any fun otherwise.

' Wrote:Hello and Welcome!

If you're not sure how to connect, right click on your fl icon on the desktop, and in target(file path) after the X:\Folder where you installed\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe put -s82.113.48.5:2302

For me it looks like this:
D:\Igre\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe -s82.113.48.5:2302

Just go into the game via the shortcut(only that way), and click multiplayer, LAN/Internet(makes no difference) and the only available server will be Discovery RP 24/7..

Btw, read the rules, obey them, and have fun..

Oh and btw, ignore any comment made by "noobl3t"
Pages: 1 2