Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The BAF feedback thread uses a "blank" system which will allow us to act swiftly and accurately in dealing with problems inside the faction. It will also reduce the length of the discussion in these important threads as well as the misunderstanding, insults, scam and etc.
All you need to do is fill in the blanks and we will handle the rest. The more information you give us, the better.
Please share any good or bad interactions you had with us. If they were good we can only be happy about it, if they were bad - we will do our best to solve the problems.

Thank you for reading this.

Quote:BAF Feedback Blank
-Short Information-
1. Your Exact Character Name:
2. BAF Exact Character/s Name/s:
3. System:
4. Issues in RP or PVP:

-Full Information-
1. Situation (what happened):
2. Attached images from the Game:
3. Attached DSAce log file:

-Proposals-
1. What is your opinion about this?
2. What would you recommend us?

-Questions-
(If you have some questions, write them here)

-Congratulations-
(If you had a nice interaction with us, write a short info about it)
Just a note: the faction status and map needs some alteration, limiting us a little more. The Privateers mostly raid Hokkaido, Kyushu and New Tokyo, basing from Tau 23's Tau 31 Gate Site.
Thank you MarvinCZ, for taking one thing off my list of things to do:)

(Puts on asbestos PJ's)
Yes indeed

Splendid idea!

' Wrote:(Puts on asbestos PJ's)

Don't you be stealin mah PJ's!
I have to voice a complaint as both a BPA and as a Corsair.

In the BPA, I have to say that you have not responded to any of my requests for help in the past week. I have called upon your ensigns twice because of the Mollies and Corsairs, and you have come to help neither times. Both times, the lone ensign simply logged off when I asked for help. That is kind of insulting, honestly. At least talk back to me....

Also, as a BPA being in your group, your Group Chat is really, really busy, and very little of it is RP. I have to say that I have never seen "Well, my <other character>..." so many times in my life, and this is even while the KNF is one system away in Tau-31....

Now, then, as a Corsair, twice have I been pirating in Cambridge while you were in Bretonia, and neither times have you moved from wherever you were and made an attempt to get me. In fact, today I was in Cambridge just today and pirated a trader in system chat while four of the BAF were in Cambridge, and all I got was a: "Who are you and who are you to demand a trader to stop?" It was obvious piracy, and I even used the word "Hola." That is just silly. Even if it's just you and me besides that one trader there should be some action. Honestly, that too is kind of insulting to me...
I have had a few complaints about some Ensigns, both from within and outside BAF.

Some of the new recruits are flying without much supervision from superiors, so this is not entirely their fault. Timezones are likely partly to blame.

Time for some corrective action. I am likely going to implement the following BAF member guidelines.

1. BAF members are to understand the Faction Status post, and the Laws of Bretonia

Faction Status here, post 35

Laws of Bretonia, Post #3

MEMBERS WITH A PRINTER MUST PRINT THEM OFF AND HAVE THEM HANDY.

2. BAF members are to always RP in system chat, and unless impractical, in Group Chat.

3. BAF members are always to obey their superior officers. Junior officers WILL obey senior officers target assignments in combat, PERIOD. Disobedience loses battles.

4. Combat/Assistance Priorities are as follows

Priority 1 : Always, without delay, assist other BAF, BPA, and other allies in combat who require assistance, but do not overkill, either. Obviously RL takes precedence, but advise others when it does.

Priority 2 : Stop Pirates from pirating in Bretonian space

Priority 3 : Stop Smuggling (This is BPA's job, and not a BAF priority. We are at war)

Priority 4 : Combat Training in Salisbury, or patrol home systems, or help new players with rep, as needed.

5. Treat other players with courtesy and respect.

6. BAF members with traders are strongly encouraged to support the faction financially.

7. When only Ensigns are present online, a more senior member (incl Lt's) in another character must change to BAF to give them guidance. Preferably, at least one Lt Commander or higher rank will be on to provide command.

8. BAF members above the rank of Lieutenant are to enforce these rules. Report problem players breaking these rules or the server rules to me. I will take appropriate action, including discharge, with or without explanation. I do not need a high standard of proof, like screenshots. If a senior member tells me a junior one did something, that is all I need.

9. Any BAF member who is sanctioned by the Admins may be expelled from the faction, purely at my discretion, with or without explanation.

Comments on these rules by BAF members and non-members alike is requested.
Can you add something about listening to orders in combat situaions. I'm not big on forcing certain RP standards on our members, but if the CO says 'shoot the gunboat', you shoot the bloody gunboat.
yup, editing

And MarvinCZ, please add a link to the Laws of Bretonia in the first post.
Added the link.

I apologize for my absence in space. I am currently overwhelmed by RL work.