Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding the Bundschuh Shipline (Inputs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To be honest, a full fighter line for the Bundschuh is perhaps more than they could inRP handle and maintain. For now I suggest you start with a VHF, which takes part of both the hessian and the Rheinland military line, because the hessians have a shipyard that could help the Bundies to assemble a fighter, while the military parts come from defecting Rheinwehr soldiers.

For the models:

The SHF just looks like a Mjolnir to me, which the Bundies already have 75% access to. Unnecessary IMO, but you arleady said that you want to remodel it.
The rest of the models lack the Rheinland look to my mind.
Basically what Char said. The Order would be the most likely to aid the Bundschuh in designing and building ships. Something perhaps combining elements of Rheinland lawful shipline and the Order's would be interesting.
(06-10-2016, 11:48 AM)Mercarryn Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, a full fighter line for the Bundschuh is perhaps more than they could inRP handle and maintain. For now I suggest you start with a VHF, which takes part of both the hessian and the Rheinland military line, because the hessians have a shipyard that could help the Bundies to assemble a fighter, while the military parts come from defecting Rheinwehr soldiers.

The entire iRP point of the ship(s) is to break reliance on the Hessians. We're slowly turning into a bit of a Cold War-esque relationship.

Also, maybe it's more than we could easily maintain, but without resorting to Core-esque levels of growth, the faction's grown in small steps. If the Gaians and LWB could field a shipline, then the Bundschuh probably could as well.
The Gaians and Unioners (pretty sure you're thinking of them, since LWB has no shipline I know of) have two unique ships each, which is standard for almost all "insurgent" factions. I'm a little surprised the Unioners didn't get a bigger shipline (because they're former shipbuilders and miners) but they were eclipsed by their Red Hessian allies for various reasons.
LWB have their own shipline. Long story short they are sleeker brethen of Unioner ships.
(06-10-2016, 11:56 AM)TheJarl Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what Char said. The Order would be the most likely to aid the Bundschuh in designing and building ships. Something perhaps combining elements of Rheinland lawful shipline and the Order's would be interesting.

The Order does help it's allies, so the "high tech" ship line could be built with Order technology given to them by us. That explains the "high tech" look, I believe.
The Order can support Bundschuh, it does happen already. Weapons, construction and major engineering support is something The Order done both historically and in recent times.

I suppose neither VWA or Order would object to see some details derived from Order shipline if you aim to include in something akin that. Wings or cockpit style for example. Order/RM/BW monstrosities wouldn't be too far out in sphere of possibility.
(06-10-2016, 10:58 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]The Order can support Bundschuh, it does happen already. Weapons, construction and major engineering support is something The Order done both historically and in recent times.

I suppose neither VWA or Order would object to see some details derived from Order shipline if you aim to include in something akin that. Wings or cockpit style for example. Order/RM/BW monstrosities wouldn't be too far out in sphere of possibility.

Order wings would definitely be a nice touch. Wings integrate well with Rheinland designs. Perhaps Rheinland textures and engine bulges but with Order streamlining and structures. Like if Rheinland tried to build an Anubis out of Valk parts.
I'd personally recommend some kind of blending or derivative influence from Border Worlds, Order, and/or Rheinland, yeah.
Pages: 1 2