Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tingar Expedition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Log 1: Sais Post Up and Running
Day 1-7
Amendment: I so need to pick better log titles...

Another boring day or so I originally thought it was going to be. It turns out I’m in charge of leading a group of explorers that are going to survey Tingar, however per the SD’s request, I will be keeping logs of what is going on so they can also track, in their words, my medical state, my mentality, what's going on and all of that stuff.

So I thought it was a joke, I woke up and got ready to head out to the HQ to ask if they were being serious, and lord and behold, they are. *A soft grumbling is heard* I guess I can’t complain, I’ll be in the Order home system and that means I can radio for help when I need it.

Besides the point of what happened the rest of my boring day, I eventually got me and my team situated ground side on Tingar and a majority of Sais sat up. She’s able to take only what we currently got, but, given time, we can expand Sais into a much larger base of operations here. Currently we need more building material, mainly solar panels for the power plant and don’t even get me started on the newest problem that arose on day four, the lack soil treatment in the area has lead to, what the team is calling, Tingar storms, in short, sand storms and they are nasty enough to block out sunlight. We wanted to test something during one and found the winds passing by fast enough that one of my workers is now laying in the medbay for the time being.

Thankfully by day five, we managed to get the shielded mine shaft complete and a makeshift processing facility, and yesterday we managed to pull some ore from the earth, we’re not sure what it is just yet but hopefully the team can make sense of it soon, I’ll also upload the orbital details now rather than later, standby.

Moon Tingar Survey Data Wrote:Name: Tingar
Planetary Diameter: 7,580 km
Planetary Mass: 7.41×10^23 kg
Planetary Terrain Type: Desert
Planetary Temperature Range: -55°C to 18°C

Ground Side Observations
Planetary Terrain Details Include: Mountains, Sand Dunes, No notable surface large water bodies
Planetary Water Sources: N/A, no surface water bodies
Underground Details: Massive Ore deposits detected
Underground Water Sources: Possible underground water caverns and bigger, however until digging begins we won't know fully
Ice Cap Details: Medium to large ice caps detected at both planetary poles

Settlement Details
Settlements: Tingar Planetary Staging Post “Sais”
Settlement Cords: -27, 170
Settlement Occupants: 6 Humans, 2 Drones
Settlement Landing Stage Details: Underconstruction, able to support shuttle crafts
Settlement Storage Details: 100% [Full]
Settlement Mission: Exploration of Tingar

Possible Creatures Detected: N/A, No creatures detected
Possible Air Contamination: N/A, No air contamination detected
Possible Dangers to life: Thin atmosphere of carbon and nonreactive gases
Amendment to dangers: Tingar Sandstorms, harsh weather patterns detected on the surface
Amendment to dangers: Dangerous drops in height while in caverns

Team Leader: Aelita X. Stone
Team Members: Thomas Yellowstone, Gunther Ericson, Rose Wemlis, Aais Unora, Desmond Wills
Mission Equipment: Oxygen suits and gear, medical gear, building materials, scanning equipment
Time Frame: 3 to 4 months, time to be used as needed

But that's mostly it for the mission briefing, we got the bio dome finally secure, the last storm managed to tear down the frame but we finished the dome off today, the dorm is also complete as well as the canteen, we managed to put up the lab in a spare dome unit that we built on the go and that we were using as storage, so we got the lab guy working in there...hold on..

*Alarms sound around Aelita as the glass gets shielded by the metal domes*
Another Tingar storm...get this, their so bad we had to actually build shielding for each of the domes and pathways around here, but it seems we woke up the planet either way, hopefully everyone was inside when this one hit, the last guy that got hit said it felt like a tornado threw him into a cliff…

Either way, thats all I got the time for right now, I need to go and check on how the others of the base is doing. I’ll leave the blank area below for what HQ wants us to do next.

Amendment logs from HQ go below

Set up 2 mining drills near Sais, make sure they are fully operational before beginning mining operations.

Construct additional domes including: Biodomes, Oxygen Plant, Power Storage Facility, Command Center and Radar Dome.

Increase the amount of hands at the facility. [From 6 humans and 2 drones to 18 humans and 5 drones]