Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Flak's Models and WIPs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks Petitioner! Big Grin
Also edit the first post with links to all models, it will help to keep everything in order x) Cool start and good luck with finishing them
(06-12-2016, 08:58 PM)Epo Wrote: [ -> ]Also edit the first post with links to all models, it will help to keep everything in order x) Cool start and good luck with finishing them

Great idea! ha
Playing around with ideas for a possible GMG VHF;

[Image: ce746dcc43d84d3ab4ed55d135469e8a.png]
[Image: 52b4fbe5791546bf8e44bdb002a450f6.png]
[Image: a370eeecaebf43b393dcc2c8b69cbac8.png]

keep in mind that it'll be mirrored at some point along the red axis there.
[Image: d3f67ce5b76845b9becc43826f4d717a.png]

Added some wings..not sure if I like them..
Changed the wings. I think I like these ones, heh.

http://p3d.in/skePs
I strongly advise switching to a modeling program with a more standard toolset and workflow such as 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender while you're still in the early stages of learning to model. SketchUp is extremely intuitive but it has many limitations, and its modeling process is so different from that of other programs that it will severely hinder your attempts to move on in the future.
Hm. I do have a copy of GMAX, I just find Sketchup easier to build with.

But also i find annoying in sketchup how you can't chamfer edges, and can't select individual vertices.. :p
I have started with sketchup as well, but I regret it.
The best software you can get for it is Blender, if you will be brave to put effort into learning it, you will never regret it. And Blender opens much more opportunities than modelmaking itself.
I highly suggest you to start discovering it.
Thought I'd give a go at some concepts for the rogue / Molly ship lines. These are jsut thumbnails, exploring different ideas. The original pirate line is very...sloppy, so i went for kind of a forced-industry patchwork look. heh

[Image: nRnPU7f.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3