Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Turret Steering Tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This video is a placeholder for a tutorial that will, hopefully, come later and will be done by people more knowledgeable on the topic than I am. This is a topic that I was asked to make a video on for at least a few years now, but even though I was too lazy to make something like that and would usually tell the person to just check the tutorials section, it never dawned to me to check myself if one exists.

So here is a quick tutorial on the very basics and, most importantly, not just ''how''s but also the ''why''s regarding turret steering. Don't think too much into it - looking over it again it seems as I certainly didn't.

EDIT: Yes, sorry for the choice of music. This was one of the only recent music tracks I found that while giving a copyright notice does not block US or German viewers.
Would recommend to anyone not familiar with the TS/TZ system, especially new players. Good one.
Thanks for the guide, however, I'm having problems with turret zooming. It seems that CTrl+Wheel doesn't work for me, and if I use the preset hotkeys, I only have 2 options; really zoomed in, and a little zoomed out. I've been testing it in single player.

EDIT : I got my answer in the chat. Apparently TZ doesn't work in single player.
Bump. Because jousting gunboats are a thing.
Bump, a lot of people flying caps still don't know the basics.
Watching this video is essential for anyone getting into capital ships.
Even if you're a trader or like flying freighters, it's a must to learn everything presented in the video to use the strength of turret zoom.
(05-31-2018, 12:51 AM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Bump, a lot of people flying caps still don't know the basics.
Watching this video is essential for anyone getting into capital ships.
Even if you're a trader or like flying freighters, it's a must to learn everything presented in the video to use the strength of turret zoom.

Could not have said it any better! Turret Steering is crucial to any capital ship engagement.