Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Drone Bays for Carriers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well it would be great to have player controlled Drones for Carriers (to make carriers useful in combat and give them purpose instead of attacking a battleship)

Drones will attack your target within 10k Range. There will be 2 Type of Drones: Fighter Drone - Bomber Drone

Also There will be 2 type of Fighter Drone and Bomber Drone
Fighter Drones;
Heavy Fighter Drone: 4x 2.00 Weapons
Light Fighter Drone: 4x 4.00 Weapons
Bomber Drones;
Antimatter Drone: 1x SNAC
Nova Drone: 1x Nova Torpedo

Carriers will carry them as ammunition, they have to buy Drones from Bases and Carriers will have different amount of Drone Slots
Like biggest Carrier will have 4 Drone Slot and smallest Carrier will have 1 Drone Slots

Carriers can go with Full Bomber Drone setup or Full Fighter or Bomber,Fighter setup.
Max Drone Deploy Limit is 5
if your carrier equipped with 4 Bomber Drone Bay then you'll have 40 Bomber Drone in your bay but you can deploy only 5 Drone

How to Deploy Drones?

If possible drones will be deployed by clicking fire button(right click)

If not;

/deploy type amount
e.g;
/deploy fighter 5
or
/deploy bomber 5

Commanding Drones should be like this;

/attacktarget
All Drones will attack your target
/attacktargetb
All Bombers will attack your target
/attacktargetf
All Fighters will attack your target
/formation
All Drones will enter formation with your ship
/calldrones
All Drones will dock with your ship
/callbombers
Bomber Drones will dock with your ship
/callfighters
Fighter Drones will dock with your ship

Fighter Drones should have very high maneuver to survive against highly skilled players
Fighter Drones should carry only 4 Weapon that fires 2.00 or 4.00 weapons
Bomber Drones should slow and big but have very high hitpoints (like 70-100k)
Bomber Drones should carry 1 antimatter or 1 nova torpedo

About Carriers;
Changing their anti-battleship weapons (Heavy and Primary) with Drone Slots would be great but they will have Secondary weapons to defend themselves

Carriers will be support ships, they have to stay away from battlefield and support friendly ships with Drones

Is this a good idea or not?

I don't know if this possible with current Freelancer Mechanism, I hope it is possible
good idea and should be possible, some FL mods had AI wingmans/fighter launch from carriers (88flak, Freeworlds: TOW)
Sounds autistic.
Thing is, carrier is supposed to carry players, no bots.
Not to mention that it may be not possible to implement such stuff without having sources.
It'd definitely give carriers something to do and would even the odds against too skilled snub pvpers. I like this idea Titan.
(06-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds autistic.
Not to mention that it may be not possible to implement such stuff without having sources.

How is it autistic? You're dumb for even suggesting that. Who said that carriers are supposed to carry ONLY players? Lets be honest, this very rarely happens (Before docking modules were taken offline) because there genuinely was no use. Now they can be used properly and made into something more viable.

This is a great idea and I personally would love to see it implemented. I would highly suggest heavy weapons from Carriers are taken off to make this somewhat balanced. Ideally carriers shouldn't be front line battleships.
>too skilled
"We can't handle countering good snubs so we'll spam them to death with bots?"
You scare me. Want more people to leave, ya?
(06-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention that it may be not possible to implement such stuff without having sources

I haven't got any experience with development, especially regarding Freelancer.
But wouldn't it be possible to create a bunch of blank faction IFFs, which are then assigned to the snubs the carrier releases. If the carrier orders the snubs to attack player XY, the IFF would turn red to the targeted player which results in an attack of the snubs.
(06-16-2016, 03:03 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds autistic.

How is it autistic? You're dumb for even suggesting that. Who said that carriers are supposed to carry ONLY players? Lets be honest, this very rarely happens (Before docking modules were taken offline) because there genuinely was no use. Now they can be used properly and made into something more viable.

This is a great idea and I personally would love to see it implemented. I would highly suggest heavy weapons from Carriers are taken off to make this somewhat balanced. Ideally carriers shouldn't be front line battleships.

With such poor online your silly carriers of course are of no use. Who said that this mod even needs them?
(06-16-2016, 03:04 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]>too skilled
"We can't handle countering good snubs so we'll spam them to death with bots?"
You scare me. Want more people to leave, ya?

I'm sorry but your statement is stupid. If you can't kill an AI snub then there must be something really really wrong with your PvP skills. This whole thing gives carriers a real role which means more people will use them as how they're meant to be used.

Also you make no sense.
(06-16-2016, 03:05 PM)Burning Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention that it may be not possible to implement such stuff without having sources

I haven't got any experience with development, especially regarding Freelancer.
But wouldn't it be possible to create a bunch of blank faction IFFs, which are then assigned to the snubs the carrier releases. If the carrier orders the snubs to attack player XY, the IFF would turn red to the targeted player which results in an attack of the snubs.

I suppose the main development difficulty would be the spawn / bot management mechanism. Anyway, won't think of that any deeper 'cause I don't anyhow adore the whole idea. There are more important things to care about currently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6