Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CONQUEST!? FOR THE 304832043rd time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So what is it folks. There's a huge potential in this feature yet it has been only thrown into trash.

I once proposed this conquest system to be added into systems like New Hampshire or other Battlezones, so what is it, Discovery: Conquest? Where, I don't see any conquest.

Wouldn't it be just more interesting and a player magnet if we could attack Bases in certain systems (Means outside some of factions Home System) and let's say on next server restart the Bases IFF would be changed to the one that destroyed it.

I honestly want to discuss this as I'm not realy sure what's the problem in that, is it hard to implement such a system/feature into the game or is it just that many fear to loose their precious faction Bases?????

Thing is. I've had an honest almost an hour long discussion with a few peops and the idea was if with such a feature, even Systems could be conquered if implemented right. Let's say a System has 5 Bases and in order to conquer the system you have to siege all Bases one by one let's say to get one base under control it takes 4 Hours of sieging. Then once you have captured all of the Bases the System would then turn into your factions System and you'd maybe see faction NPCs fly around?

Hard effort = Reward

That's what I'm proposing. I honestly think if we could implement such a thing into Discovery it would attract a constant activity on the server. Conquests/Capture have always been a strong content of activity. This would prolly also reduce power hungry players hunting PoBs instead, give them War in a way it makes fun.

You know why I'm proposing this? Because obviously, I've seen alot of RPs literally RPs that took 2 years and just by an awfully made decision it's being scrapped and the faction does not get the reward for their effort = Bad.

Why shouldn't this game be rewarding for your serious efforts? Make a rule just like PoBs, Factions have to make attack declaration before they can siege the Base in said system and let's say once it's destroyed, they have to wait for next server restart until it's changed to their IFF (also 4 hours siege or something, you can decide the time it would minimally need.)

Discovery of Discovery had that for a while, when you attacked and destroyed bases on next restart the base had your IFF (but ofc there it was easy to destroy a base).

Ideas, proposals? Discuss.

EDIT: Or if it realy bothers you make it an official faction perk for military factions.

(06-19-2016, 12:02 PM)Commissar SnakeLancerâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of which, you do realize I said specific systems (battlezones) like Omega-5, Omicron Delta, Nagano, like old New Hampshire and certain other systems that are known for Battlezones inRP. On each update, devs could add more such battlezones in which player can conquer stuff via RP improvement (remember official events).

What if Admins/Devs select 2 - 3 Systems on each update as "conquerable" during 1 - 2 month period and then on each update more systems will be selected as "Conquest Sectors", this way abuse can be handled, there's always a way to ballance this mate.

For all I care it could even be an "Official Event" and involved factions during a specific time period can conquer Bases until the Event is over.
Yes, this is a good idea. It would bring some more life into this mod. Maybe bring Gallia's activity back.
I second it, it would add anarea that players know that they can collaboratively work in determining the outcome for, i think it would a new spin.
DoD's system was a massive mess that never accomplished anything. And under this system, one faction made that day could declare that they're attacking a system that has either an inactive faction or no official faction at all, then it just becomes a game of who can paint the map the quickest.

I agree that the current system needs to be fixed, but this proposal isn't a good way of doing it. If there is even a way of doing it without stressing the server
Conquest works only when each progression is manually saught over and evaluated by the administrator team.
Otherwise, nothing stops a group of like-minded individuals from logging in during the server low-times in order to secure victory without losses.
That or bribingrecruiting a huge amount of pvp-savvy people to one side of the conflict in order to destabilize the whole event.
(06-19-2016, 03:19 AM)Commissar SnakeLancerâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]as I'm not realy sure what's the problem in that
You do realize you'd - technically - have to adjust the things sold on the base every time, or pre-determine the commodities/equipment/ships sold on the base for literally EVERY IFF the base could possibly have, right?
Not only would this be an insane amount of work, but also a complete waste of dev team time.
Besides, it would make trading so much worse for traders. Imagine a guy going to Leeds with I-don't-know-what-brings-much-money and suddenly it's the wrong IFF and he can't dock or even gets shot by the base.

It's true that it could potentially be a fun system, but the effort to implement it is literally way too immense. Plus, like sindroms said, if people are bored they can literally just steamroll multiple systems while they're all laughing their asses off in Teamspeak because they broke an entire House.

tl;dr -> Good Idea, nearly worthless to put in though, due to immense time consumption and abuse potential
The abuse potential as you speak is literally present on already many things in this game, I hardly doubt that this will be a problem. If you have a strong force, you build alliances to fight against the faction, I'm sure you'll always find Players around that want to fight the opposite faction.

Secondly, the IFF change doesn't automaticly give commodities/equipment/ship change, I did not propose anything like that, if anything I said NPCs. Also, for bases to actually have the commodity/equipment/ships been sold of the said conquering faction, you still need to spend huge amount of time to siege all single bases in a System in order to actually claim Victory. Like I said, 5 Bases and you have to capture ALL of them in order to claim the System, each base would prolly take 4 - 5 hours (or maybe even a day, like the old PoBs), you can ballance this pretty much.

Speaking of which, you do realize I said specific systems (battlezones) like Omega-5, Omicron Delta, Nagano, like old New Hampshire and certain other systems that are known for Battlezones inRP. On each update, devs could add more such battlezones in which player can conquer stuff via RP improvement (remember official events).

I understand about that part, what if Admins/Devs select 2 - 3 Systems on each update as "conquerable" during 1 - 2 month period and then on each update more systems will be selected as "Conquest Sectors", this way abuse can be handled, there's always a way to ballance this mate.

For all I care it could even be an "Official Event" and involved factions during a specific time period can conquer Bases until the Event is over.
inb4 Sirius gets renamed to XTF.

For the 304832043rd time, stop asking for this.
(06-19-2016, 12:06 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]inb4 Sirius gets renamed to XTF.

For the 304832043rd time, stop asking for this.

and why is it such a bad idea
The first thing that'd happen is everyone logging their Valors and conquering New London. Do you really want that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4