Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Geb Final Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I still remember saying this:
(06-13-2016, 07:35 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
I'd vote option A, but couldn't we just have someone else doing the texture jobs for your models?
Needs upscale I DO NOT WANT A REPEAT OF THE ORIGINAL IN TERMS OF SIZE/TR/ARMOR.

But yes looks perrty
Looks like im gona buy geb when this model addded

It shouldnt fire 3 heavies to forward because none of the carriers firing more than 2 to forward
Get it implemented x)
(06-24-2016, 07:18 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like im gona buy geb when this model addded

It shouldnt fire 3 heavies to forward because none of the carriers firing more than 2 to forward

Looks like you're not going to buy a Geb.

In all seriousness though, reading how many posts about how nice it looks after I spent thirty minutes typing up a post on why it isn't a good model seriously makes me question the amount of effort I put into my job.
(06-25-2016, 12:52 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2016, 07:18 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like im gona buy geb when this model addded

Looks like you're not going to buy a Geb.

In all serious though, reading how many posts about how nice it looks after I spent thirty minutes typing up a post on why it isn't a good model seriously makes me question the amount of effort I put into my job.

Maybe you're criticizing a little bit too much, I mean if most of the players don't see a problem (because they're not into modeling), especially if there are people who even wants to buy and fly it, then so be it. It's still going to be better than the current model right? Albeit, I say, it could be retextured a little here and there and improve it. It looks salvageable to me.
There are a quite a few texturing issues with it. Zoom in and it's pretty clear. QA is important.
(06-25-2016, 12:52 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]In all serious though, reading how many posts about how nice it looks after I spent thirty minutes typing up a post on why it isn't a good model seriously makes me question the amount of effort I put into my job.

It also shows that you at least know your job.

(06-25-2016, 01:05 AM)Barb Wrote: [ -> ]most of the players don't see a problem (because they have low standards),

Fixed.
Condescension is the calling card of an inflated ego and has no place in a feedback thread.

We are asked for our opinions here and to give feedback based upon them, many of us are not modellers so we don't look at models with the same eye for detail. Belittling said feedback serves nothing but to put folks off from giving it and I dare say modelling for a silent community would be far harder.
Well - truth be told - I think it was stated by the devs that the current Geb model is "unbalancable" (i do not agree with it, but i do not balance stuff...)

That should be enough reason to go for another model - even if it is inferior in looks and design (which is kind of a matter of taste) ... IF that new model can be considered "balancable".

One may assume that it must be - if part of the critizism is that it is too much like an Osiris - which is balancable by nature, being vanilla.

Worst case ...

you end up with a ship that you do not like ... that does not satisfy your mesh/texture standards .. BUT is balancable ... opposed to a ship that is UNbalancable (.. and quite frankly .. and i think i can say that .. since i made the current one .. ) has an OK mesh (my own opinion) - but pretty poor texturing (what can i say ... its was one of the very early models)

Doing a cosmetic change later is easy (and has been done before : barge, bret carrier and so many more ..) Balance ought to be more important if a model that satisfies this characteristic is readily available.

On what i think of the new model:

i do not like it - but that again - is just a matter of taste. I do not mind that it is very similar to the Osiris - that was meant to be the lore of the carrier ... to be a modified Osiris. I do not mind the bright and prominent yellow warning stripes. I do not mind the lower res texture much. All that blends into the game - and will not really matter once the novelty wears off.
I just do not like it much, because i think its design is pretty boring. But if it was true that the alternative is to keep an unbalancable ship - i d rather go for the boring alternative.

The result of standards set too highly is that you may end up with no alternative at all. You sometimes have to take what you can take or you may run out of modellers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6