Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Figured out the Event System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been tinkering with it for a while and this was the result. Think I got the hang of most of the things now but still trying some stuff out.
Sorry for the bad Aspect Ratio. Sony Vegas did something I didn't know how to fix and I couldn't be bothered recording it again.

Feel free to give your opinions or thoughts or whatever.
seems good..the harder part is to think of an event and how will influence the game play for its duration(in a good way...think positive Wink )

*event that doesn't change the game much(ie: giving planets,bases,systems by completing it..or a ponie if that's what you desire Big Grin )
I gathered as much. However It means some little combat events can be done to keep people occupied, if wanted that is ; )
(06-25-2016, 07:12 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]I gathered as much. However It means some little combat events can be done to keep people occupied, if wanted that is ; )

you can always submit a player request,so far there haven't been any and yet everyone wants one... Big Grin

Edit: after a talk with Laz...the event system seems to be pretty simple,it only needs ideas...which are the complicated part

Code:
[9:22:24 PM] *** Laz would like to add you on Skype

Hi Hannibal, I'd like to add you as a contact. ***
[9:22:29 PM] *** Hannibal has shared contact details with Laz. ***
[9:24:18 PM] Laz: Hey
So, I wanted to know whether you had any ideas for some mini combat/trade events I could submit as a test.
[9:24:48 PM] Laz: Seeing as no one else has shown any interest :P (I told a few people in PM before posting that)
[9:25:05 PM] Hannibal: is the exe/flhook_plugins/event.cfg that needs to be edited?
[9:34:50 PM] Hannibal: yup..that seems to be it(after being compiled)

the events just need some lines of rp and the prices can be calculated quite easily afterwards(both lawfuls and unlawfuls sell point)

my suggestion is..just do it..you'll be the first(to propose an event)so it has high chances of getting accepted ;)
[9:35:42 PM] Laz: is the exe/flhook_plugins/event.cfg that needs to be edited?Sort of. I actually had to compile my own version from git which took me a few hours.
[9:36:11 PM] Hannibal: why?is it different ?
[9:43:01 PM] Laz: Very. The entire plugin is different. What you are looking at, is the old event one.
That cfg file is incorrect and actually not even used
[9:44:29 PM] Hannibal: so..how different is it? can you send the file?
i'm guessing is not more complicated then completing a few lines:
[TradeEvent]
id = 2
name =
url =
startbase =
endbase =
bonus =
objectivemax =
commodity =
limited =
allowedid =
flhookbase =
flhookbasename =
[9:45:06 PM] Laz: Oh? Where did you get those from? : )
[9:45:32 PM] Hannibal: me not knowing much and looking at GitHub :D
[9:45:43 PM] Hannibal: why? does it match?
[9:46:11 PM] Laz: Yep. Word for Word.
Thing is, I had to go digging in code for about an hour to find that set of them (rofl)
[9:46:22 PM] Hannibal: 5 minutes :D
[9:46:36 PM] Hannibal: while talking to you :d
[9:47:22 PM] Laz: Take my job (rofl)
[9:47:27 PM] Laz: Your better : P
[9:48:28 PM] Hannibal: i'm only not sure about id= (guess a randome number for id) and if limited is 0 for not and 1 for yes...though I could take a look at the file then writing this...but admitting to be lazy is more fun :D
[9:49:33 PM] Laz: Oh? Lol My limited was set to 5000 as its the only one I couldn't understand :p
[9:50:17 PM] Hannibal: bool bLimited = false; //Whether or not this is limited to a specific set of IDs
[9:50:21 PM] Hannibal: my bad :D
[9:50:30 PM] Hannibal: true false :D
looking at the conversation you and Laz had, it seems pretty simple, i can help to make events when i solve the thing too it seems.

Also i guess that Id= line can be used for defining which ID s are eligible for the event, note that i dont have any idea yet and purely speaking of assumptions atm.
Edit: Oh nvm there is an allowedid line ^^
(06-25-2016, 07:18 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
[9:34:50 PM] Hannibal: yup..that seems to be it(after being compiled)

the events just need some lines of rp and the prices can be calculated quite easily afterwards(both lawfuls and unlawfuls sell point)

my suggestion is..just do it..you'll be the first(to propose an event)so it has high chances of getting accepted ;)

U w0t? The first to propose an event? How exactly?
(06-26-2016, 12:11 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]U w0t? The first to propose an event? How exactly?
First of all, nothing has been prepossessed.
Second He means with the actual code rather than idea.

I.e. Saying "here is a small event with the code. Just add it so we can pew" : )
From the looks of it the difference between the two are five minutes of work.
It was the figuring out of actually ruining it in the first place that was hard.

The client files are not the same as the servers.
(06-26-2016, 12:11 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]U w0t? The first to propose an event? How exactly?

i mean the first one that upon completion faction "x" won't get celestial object "y"
the type of event that should be admin's job to vote on it and not devs since won't have any impact on the storyline ..
Pages: 1 2