Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion for the portal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now the portal page has two sidebars. On both of these sidebars there's a "Latest activity"
The portal also lacks easy access to the latest patch notes (something I think is important for players new or old).

I propose replacing one of the Latest activity/Latest threads sections with something like this:
[Image: xzJ5uh3.png]

A list of the most recent patches with release dates, the name of the patch linking to the exact post with the patch notes for it.
Perhaps if it's been released in the past few days you could put a NEW or something along the lines of that.

For extra visibility it could be placed under the section that says "Welcome, (username)!"
i like the latest activity since that's something i can make use off

for the release patches a link is more than enough or if your an older member...you already have bookmarks on the 'important' threads that you may want to keep an eye on,even more you can subscribe to a specific thread and a pm/email will alert you of new posts
Too much work for admins. They dont get paid so who cares. Tongue
MyBB just doesn't have a nice little option we can flip up for this sort of thing. If you'd like to look into how things work and make some slight changes to the latest activity bar to make this a thing, by all means. I'll put it in if it works.

Otherwise, i'm just going to try to convince Rohj to place update notices on the portal page.
(06-29-2016, 03:30 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]i like the latest activity since that's something i can make use off

for the release patches a link is more than enough or if your an older member...you already have bookmarks on the 'important' threads that you may want to keep an eye on,even more you can subscribe to a specific thread and a pm/email will alert you of new posts

That's really not good UX, and the thing is more for newer players who can see that the mod is being actively developed, or people (like me) who are forgetful and/or don't like emails.

(06-29-2016, 07:00 PM)King Boo Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB just doesn't have a nice little option we can flip up for this sort of thing. If you'd like to look into how things work and make some slight changes to the latest activity bar to make this a thing, by all means. I'll put it in if it works.

Otherwise, i'm just going to try to convince Rohj to place update notices on the portal page.

I can attempt to look into that this weekend if you like. My webdev is a bit rusty but I could probably chuck it together given time Tongue
I have no idea how this things works hehehe, but in my HOME page i see 2 places showing exactly the same, Lastest Threads on left, and Lastest Activity on right... If one of them can be changed for that recent patch changes would be really useful FOR NEW members...

Think we must be clear, easy and fast for new members for keep them around. Turning the things ahrd or only for old members who know how to move around... will not improve our little family members hehe.

+1 to the idea, if its possible of course.