Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker scrap mining help [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, I've recently returned.. last I played was a little more than a year ago I think, so not sure of any changes.

To make it short, I'm junker id/iff in a salvager with heavy mining turrets. I've tried the field in Texaas and now the field in New York (little brighter circle in the yellow circle under the mining on the map) and can't get a single piece of scrap/premium scrap. It's been awhile,. so I'm thinking normal scrap doesn't drop anymore.. but I can't even get premium where it's shown on the mining map. Saw a post from around Jan. that showed the spot in Ny, along with some comments that the Texas spot still dropped premium scrap... what am I doing wrong?

Mining isn't exactly the most entertaining thing, but I do enjoy variety. Have the fields moved and they just aren't updated on the nav map, as they show like they are a mining spot.

Any advice would be great.

*edit*

Tried the old spot in Bering as well... after 10 minutes, no scrap >_<
-------------------------

p̶s̶.̶.̶ ̶c̶t̶r̶l̶+̶v̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶t̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶.̶ ̶n̶o̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶i̶c̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶t̶ ̶(̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶a̶t̶)̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶4̶0̶%̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶.̶.̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶t̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶d̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶?̶

meh, options >_< /facepalm
Can you show on a map where you are trying to mine in Texas?
The mining spot is just south of the Pennsylvania JH in the dark cloud. Try that.
Hey! The mining spots on the ingame nav map often bear a certain flag that highlights them as such, even if they are only a mining area in roleplay and not in gameplay.
Refer to the following map and look at sector 3C to find out where the mining location for premium scrap is. Zones marked on the online navmap by the pickaxe symbol are mineable in gameplay.
http://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/#Texas
Just mine in smaller yellow circle on C-3 in Pequena Negra . If you cant find it PM contact me on one of my characters in-game ( check my profile for list of my characters ) and i will guide you in my junker miner to exact spot .
(06-30-2016, 01:26 PM)LordVipex Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! The mining spots on the ingame nav map often bear a certain flag that highlights them as such, even if they are only a mining area in roleplay and not in gameplay.
Refer to the following map and look at sector 3C to find out where the mining location for premium scrap is. Zones marked on the online navmap by the pickaxe symbol are mineable in gameplay.
http://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/#Texas

Map information is for the PLAYER to interpret. It is a game mechanic that players depend on, just like stats and other oorp information. Perhaps it would be a good idea to remove the fields if they are not activated?
Thanks for the quick responses / advice. For Texas, I was at the D6 field.. so wrong spot. C3 worked for me.

Quote:Perhaps it would be a good idea to remove the fields if they are not activated?

Was thinking the same thing ;p Anyway.. I'm good now so thanks guys Big Grin