Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dismay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Omicega, all people that have been here in this community and been involved in it to some capacity know that your resignation from GRN was just matter of time. All you are here for is free shameless +1, making drama queen out of yourself, throwing crap at people and looking for attention. If you really think you're going to change anything by annoying the staff, you're less intelligent than I have given you credit for in the past.
Golly, we both know you wouldn't have bothered posting a single word about this whole debacle had Lyth not been caught up in the bans. Do me a favour and stop pretending like you have any deeper, less personal reason for caring about the issue at hand and piss off.
(06-30-2016, 08:42 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]Golly, we both know you wouldn't have bothered posting a single word about this whole debacle had Lyth not been caught up in the bans. Do me a favour and stop pretending like you have any deeper, less personal reason for caring about the issue at hand and piss off.

I knew I should /really/ stay out of this, but I have to agree.

You have personal grudges and you do not like to see beyond your own portrayal. You're not so great as you think you are, Golanski, if anything, you're part of the issues presented to us in the community. Fear. Paranoia. Arrogance.
so, thoughts on the matter? Let me see.

I know lyth the most, so I'll make a long detailed oppinion on his character, maybe plans for discovery and goals. These are just my pov and can differ from person to person. This is what I have observed.
Here goes.

Since I started discovery, I felt the best way to go, was to join a faction. So I flew around in the omicrons, where nomads run rampant and strange stellar anomalies occur blabla jadejade.
so I roamed around, flew into a jumphole as usual, and when I come out of it... whoa... what are those shiny ships I see? they look like mutated hammerheads.
Okay so I do some digging, I found out core owns this space, I enlist and bam. I'm in.

when I came into the server in philly, a guy named johnny walker, showed me the ropes on mining. He was banned for not roleplaying, but I can completely understand him, when he wants to put something simpler and breaks the RP rule. did he deserve a warning? did he deserve his guns taken off? did he deserve a ban?
He deserved a pat on the back and a group of people singing him "oh he's a jolly good fellow" while he was drinking vodka red bull and 2 models by his side.
That was the first time I realised that this is actually not the way to impress people, to keep them in the server and to encourage them to help new players. Angels aren't always on sight, but johnny practically lives, works, breaths, takes a dump, and sleeps in philly. He helped me out and he got nothing out of it. except a new member of the disco community.

Now we come to this mess.

I know meph and he's an okay guy. only met him in pvps, but doesn't matter. I need to learn how to kill by fighting the best pilots out there and that's the only way to become a top ace.

same goes for snoopy and karst, we had our differences, but they were okay. good to play with.

now we come to lyth.
When I joined core, lyth told me everything about the rules. That we need to respect them and we'll be fine.
He also showed me the ropes into dogfighting and basic diplomacy RP etc.
He gave me advice on how to do this on disco and how to do that.
He arranged raids as much as he could, to boost activity. Never, not in one single instance have I seen him arrange anything to grief, annoy, or deter people from playing on disco.
He stayed calm and collected even after the attacks on him and the Core, although I saw core as a great bunch and I loved the RP aspectes, aswell as the pvp ones.
He didn't complain and moan and he was doing so much for disco, the core, the forum work, the Core threads, building our big ships, trying to rp yaren docking rings, really... so much effort.
and you know something? You guessed it people. HE DIDN'T GET PAID A DIME!
so yeh. with him getting banned, The admins did a GREAT HORRIFIC ABSOLUTELY HUGE COLOSSAL ENORMOUS FUBAR mistake.
Him leading the Core, would be the only thing that would get me back into disco after getting settled in the UK. Now with him gone, I won't be coming back.
But wait. Lyth won't stand for that. He's gonna say: "no man, just play and have fun. I'll come back in 6 months"
and so yes, I'll come back and play and have a blast. But I won't do it because the admins are doing a great job, or because I like to interact with people in disco. No!
I'll do it because I consider lyth to be a good friend of mine and someday, we shall rule the omicrons.
you remember what I said about johnny walker at the beginning of my post? Same goes for lyth. for he's a jolly good fellow, which nobody can deny!
(06-30-2016, 08:41 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Omicega, all people that have been here in this community and been involved in it to some capacity know that your resignation from GRN was just matter of time. All you are here for is free shameless +1, making drama queen out of yourself, throwing crap at people and looking for attention. If you really think you're going to change anything by annoying the staff, you're less intelligent than I have given you credit for in the past.

I like how the Order| faction recruitment tells people to act "excellent" yet the very leader of the faction is caught up in so much oorp hatred and is acting worse than his own players. Im serious, I expected stone21 to be all over this, I dare say he's behaving more than you at least on the forums right now.

This isn't to say I have anything against you personally, but really. You're not acting much better than you claim Omi is acting right now.
(07-01-2016, 12:40 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2016, 08:41 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Omicega, all people that have been here in this community and been involved in it to some capacity know that your resignation from GRN was just matter of time. All you are here for is free shameless +1, making drama queen out of yourself, throwing crap at people and looking for attention. If you really think you're going to change anything by annoying the staff, you're less intelligent than I have given you credit for in the past.

I like how the Order| faction recruitment tells people to act "excellent" yet the very leader of the faction is caught up in so much oorp hatred and is acting worse than his own players. Im serious, I expected stone21 to be all over this, I dare say he's behaving more than you at least on the forums right now.

This isn't to say I have anything against you personally, but really. You're not acting much better than you claim Omi is acting right now.

Pretty much this. You let your personal feelings get in the way of rational judgement and take things way too seriously.
I see so many people complaining about the admins/staff, and so many trying to defend the decisions of the admin/staff.

Some of those who complain, don't even focus only on the current matter, regarding the recent bannishments, they're also hitting upon earlier decisions and deeds of the admins/staff.

So, while running the server, all the technical things in the background, trying to find new ideas to keep the server refreshed,
I haven't seen any sign of gratitude or approval of what the admin/staff is doing for US. Instead the majority of what they receive is hatred and complaints. It is them who take care of the servers, both discovery and the forum, they are those who work for it, and gain nothing from it, yet they have to pay it, partially by donations and likely partly with their own money.

They are investing time in Discovery, offering a world for us to play in. They are trying to make this place comfortable for us as possible. They have their own opinions about the players, and yes they will likely be overwatching us all. They will try to take care of troublemakers, which bother new players. Troublemakers who gank or troll too much.

While I appreciate their work and passion for Discovery, I cannot agree with the bannishment for one reason:

Lacking evidence, upon the words, deeds and mistakes done by the banned players.

We all would like to see what was the reason, witnessers, visual evidence etc., so WE can decide if it was right or wrong, and once the judgement by everyone is done, everyone can be atleast certain, some will be satisfied then, others might not be.

Besides that: For the people complaining about the Admins/staff permanently. Go on, make your own server, if you think you can do better.
(06-30-2016, 01:51 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]Just being nice to others solves everything.

(06-30-2016, 03:02 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]
Everyone who posted in front of , barring and , by the looks of it - that means , , , , , , and - you all fall into either camp one or camp two. Primarily the latter, actually, but like I said - you are still worthless non-contributors to the problem at hand. The solution to these problems is never to bury it and pretend it didn't happen; you are just perpetuating the same old cycle with your attitude of 'defusing' the situation. You're not the only ones (the vast majority of the community is, as far as I can see), so I hope that at least consoles you. It's good to be with people you agree with, after all, isn't it?

I feel offended.
(07-01-2016, 12:12 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2016, 01:51 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]Just being nice to others solves everything.

(06-30-2016, 03:02 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]
Everyone who posted in front of , barring and , by the looks of it - that means , , , , , , and - you all fall into either camp one or camp two. Primarily the latter, actually, but like I said - you are still worthless non-contributors to the problem at hand. The solution to these problems is never to bury it and pretend it didn't happen; you are just perpetuating the same old cycle with your attitude of 'defusing' the situation. You're not the only ones (the vast majority of the community is, as far as I can see), so I hope that at least consoles you. It's good to be with people you agree with, after all, isn't it?

I feel offended.

I am not , i dont give a damn ! Big Grin
'Nuff drama done, I think.
This thread is vitriolic already, so take your drama off the Forums, please.

Thanks c:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5