Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: help to build large community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello every one
i just noticed that DC have very small community compare with other game i just wanna know how can we as one hand make this community larger and active like other games to have more fun and have more donations for big servers.
You have to realise this game is 13 years old. Younger games have less of a community. The community here is dwindling because that's what happens. Nothing lasts forever, Lots of veteran players have moved on either because they found something new be it in life or gaming - or have become disillusioned with the community in general.
I was fortunate to be here in .85 - .86 where the community was thriving. We had our issues but it was generally alright and fun in-game.
I don't play the game anymore so I can only comment about what happens on the forum and it doesn't seem good. That's why the community is dwindling.
As for why there's very few new players. It's very hard to get hold of this game now.
(07-04-2016, 07:26 PM)Birdtalon Wrote: [ -> ]You have to realise this game is 13 years old. Younger games have less of a community. The community here is dwindling because that's what happens. Nothing lasts forever, Lots of veteran players have moved on either because they found something new be it in life or gaming - or have become disillusioned with the community in general.
I was fortunate to be here in .85 - .86 where the community was thriving. We had our issues but it was generally alright and fun in-game.
I don't play the game anymore so I can only comment about what happens on the forum and it doesn't seem good. That's why the community is dwindling.
As for why there's very few new players. It's very hard to get hold of this game now.

Wow, I've come to realize I first played the game 11 years ago!!
I honestly had no clue it was that long lol

It's still a great game however, I've only played it on and off throughout the years and had my accounts deleted from inactivity so many times (something that prevents me returning as much), but that's fair and to be expected due to data limits. Honestly the game (or this mod rather) just needs a little bit more advertising. I've shown it to some friends over the years, and everyone has loved it.

There's the newer "Star Citizen" space game coming out, from the same maker is Freelancer. It could be a while off, it's been in production for such a long time already, but that community would be surely interested in trying out this version of their older game if we could advertise.
It's difficult to advertise this mod as that requires a lot of money, which the server simply doesn't have. Not to mention that if this was advertised to people who yet have the game, since it is so old and really the only way to get Freelancer is to basically pirate it, then the server would be encouraging illegal behaviour and then RIP the mod.

So you see it's difficult to get this out to the mainstream public. The only way I see it happening, which mind you is next to nothing is if microsoft funded another sequel using the story line from discovery and produced a follow up. However I highly doubt that they would do that as they'd need to make money off it, with no real evidence they would simply think "why bother?"

As for Star Citizen, well I doubt that will be coming out any time soon, if ever.

If you want to make the server better than what it is now, then (sorry for the sob message) put everything into your roleplay and make the most of all your player interactions, and saver it when you get it back.