Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is Neo Terra Lost to Oblivion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been looking for alternatives to disco since the down of the server.

Then i stumbled on Neo Terra
I found that NT has many potential to be a good mod in the future. It could be an excellent breeding ground for new roleplays. The lore itself isn't hard to grok and is easy(imo) to be expanded.

But it's dead(i can't access NT's forum and the launcher is unable to update the mod lately)
Will there be any attempt to revive the mod?
Or could it be integrated to disco? As its slight connection to disco(see the ruin in one of asteroid fields in Kansas)
It's saddening to see a good mod wasted.
I am sorry to disappoint you although i didn't mean that
Discovery have no corresponding community .. there is no other community as successful as this one.
We're not going to revive the mod.
Most of the former developers are still on disco to this day ( , , me, I believe Zamu is around from time to time).

NT was a fun and good learning experience. The forums will show up again in august but they're just going to be archives as none of us are really planning to get back to work on it, at least not on the current engine.
I got banned from there once.

Sorry Alley.
(07-06-2016, 05:23 PM)Mark Hamann Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry to disappoint you although i didn't mean that
Discovery have no corresponding community .. there is no other community as successful as this one.

Also, your reminder that just because a server is long-lived doesnt make it successful. Discovery was one of the largest mods when the Global Server went down, and retained much of its playerbase. The killing of the FLGS ended many (in my opinion) better mods, because they were smaller.
There were quite a lot of unique assets and a ton of lore created for Neo Terra, and I'd actually be surprised if it didn't come back in one form or another given how much time and love was invested in it.

If it does, however, it won't be as a Freelancer mod.
I'd love to see it reviewed but Freelancer is dead.
(07-06-2016, 06:11 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]If it does, however, it won't be as a Freelancer mod.

How about using the free Unreal 4 engine to build the mod in?

It's currently being used as a platform for that new game, coming out this fall...what was its name....it was heavily freelancer-inspired, coded by some german company.

There was also a short video on youtube about some guy messing around in the Unreal 3 engine, adding some freelancer ships & stuff.
I'd be willing to pay real money for a project like this, and so would others!!!
This is already in the works.
(07-06-2016, 10:41 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]This is already in the works.

By this, you mean the Disco mod into Unreal or something else?
Pages: 1 2