Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HUD changes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have a question as well. How specifically do you add the HD Starsphere Pack V2 and Dark Blue HUD to Discovery? That's something I've stupidly never been able to figure out on my own. Got these two links, if I missed anything else I need, could you drop the link into the next reply?

HD Starsphere Pack V2

Dark Blue HUD
First thing to do is extract the contents of the archive. I usually just create a new folder on the desktop and transfer the files there. Next, find your Disco installation folder which is located in C:/Users/<your name>/appdata/local/DiscoveryFreelancer/Data. You will have to make sure that you have allowed hidden files and folders to be shown, or the appdata folder won't be visible.

For the HUD mod, open each ofthe folders you extracted untill you get to the INTERFACE folder. Drag and drop these into the location described above, overwriting when prompted.

The Starsphere is a bit different. It's packed as an flmod. You need to delete that extension and rename it with .zip at the end. You can then use 7zip (it's what I use) to extract the files to a new folder. The only file you want to use is the one named SOLAR. Just drag and drop this folder into the Data folder mentioned above, and overwrite when prompted.

As a precaution, back up your Data folder before overwriting anything, just in case.
Thanks for the detailed description. Nothing I missed in the links here right?
Nope, the links look good. Should be good to go.
Alright, thanks again for the assistance!
No problem, enjoy the new look!
But remember to back up the data folder just in case you decide you don't like it. That way you will avoid a total reinstall.
No probs, already did that.
Alright, I put everything you said in and I'll check back in the morning to see if it works or not.
Cool. If you have any problems, let me know. I'll do my best to help sort it out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4