Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Hardware Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Due to personal curiosity and also trying to figure out what hardware specs to target, I've decided to ask you what specs your current computer has.

The survey is here on Google Forms, I'd really appreciate it if you could fill it out.

Results will be public soon™

Note: By HDD or SSD I mean the drive your FL is installed on, sorry for confusion
Done! I've got a basic computer, but it works
Done.

My build(with my own hands) was around 500 USD. It does well.
Submitted mine.
You should have picked a checkbox option for the storage question, since nobody really runs a mechanical OR a solid state. The most common varient is a smaller solid + larger mechanical if solid is used.
Yeah - In my system I run 1 HDD and 2 SSDs - Had to check SSD since there really wasn't an option for multiple drives. That's a good suggestion
I run a 1 SSD - 1 HDD setup, but for the purposes of the survey, I assume it might mean where Freelancer is stored, so I put my HDD.
Well, I need up upgrade to a SSD.

My HDD is the only reason my build bottlenecks sometimes. Darn you read/write speeds.
Not necesseraly
The only thing that your HDD is contributing is the ''responsiveness'' of your system. If you are performing some task such as gaming, most of the contents you need to use is stored in your RAM upon loading a map or level anyway.
Unless the game is coded that way, such as Freelancer, when it pulls models from the harddrive upon an encounter only (which causes that little lag when someone appears on your radar).
Done. I'm using one HDD and SSD, but I assumed you meant the drive where the OS is on.
Yeah I clarified the HDD/SSD thing in the OP whoops. Appreciate the responses Smile So far I don't see anything that doesn't support DX 10.1/GL 3.2 so I'm pretty happy.
Pages: 1 2