Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kusari "White Wolf"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Kusari Konoe Shidan' White Wolf
KNF Guard mechanised combat craft

The mechanised combat craft is Kusari' unique war machine. The largest of the fighter type, the mechanised combat craft can, upon landfall deployment, extend its legs and become a bipedal armoured unit, making these excellent at planetary invasion.
Its weaponnery mostly consists of missile armaments, completed by the unusual set of 3 torpedoe mounts (note: the ship will not have a large powerplant enough to even use a single minirazor I'd reckon, so only ammunition torpedoes.).

Due to the complexity of the machine, the astounding production and maintenance costs, only few are produced each year and are only available to some units within the Kusari Naval Force Guards.
[Image: KUSARIrender1-4.png]
Excellent model, good infocard.

Now... for the stats.
Interesting... A VHF/superbomber hybrid with a tiny powerplant? Very interesting...
Dont forget the landing animation! Gotta have one of those, if that part about the extending legs is in the infocard ..;)
Way too much anime influence IMO. No Discovery ship should actually look like an animal with ears, eyes, teeth, etc IMO. Except for the back it doesn't really look like any of the other Kusari ships. Was this made to actually go in the mod?
Yes. It is a very serious submission.
and your argument makes no sense. All kusari smaller combat crafts looks like -dragons-.
The bodies of the fighters might give the suggestion that they're in the shapes of a dragon heads, but they don't have eyes, they don't have arms and legs, and they don't have mouths and teeth. The fins on the back of them aren't meant to be anatomically correct. They're all ships with slight dragon influences, not dragons turned into ships.
At this point, it is a question of just how much animal can influence a ship look, to which I not too revelant. For comparison, we can say the Liberty dreadnaught is at 80% a ww2 warship, the kusari gunboat at 30% a flying katana or 50% an asian speedboat, while the rheinland ships doesnt look like anything really other than heavy industrial machines.

So, we have suddenly a limit for ressemblance because it is an animal?
Because machines are expected to and do look like other machines. People are going to want to fly your creation because it reminds them of their favorite Mecha anime/manga. It's like if you made a Rheinland ship that had a strong resemblance to an X-Wing even though it had all the customary Rh textures, engine effects, bulkiness, heavy industrial style etc. Technically it's not an import it's bad for all the same reasons. I'm not trying to rain on your parade - I know you like that stuff - but it's not for Discovery. I really wouldn't be so harsh, but Igiss has been putting pretty much anything that gets submitted into the mod, and we all know that not all of it belongs here.
The biggest problem I have with the ship is that every part of it is there to say KUSARI WOLF!; it's not subtle at all like all of the other Kusari ships are. If you could design a ship that's influenced by a wolf instead of a wolf that is a ship, I wouldn't mind so much.
Do you at least understand where I'm coming from here?
the thing is that I dont know how the look alike with an animal looks like it comes out of an anime...
Beside that I intend it only be sold on a kusari guard base, making their circulation limited, if thats what you are afraid of.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12