Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi, Back after a long hiatus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've played Freelancer off and on over the years since it first came out many years ago and probably have completed the vanilla game over 3 times I suppose.

I still really enjoy it and am finding myself still comparing newer space sims (such as Elite dangerous) to it and for sheer fun factor, FL still wins.

Over the years, I have played many mods, including Disco and Crossfire in the past.

So recently I was watching a Youtube video and decided to do a search for Freelancer, to see what's going on with it these days.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Disco still going and in fact is still being updated.

So I had a look here and installed the latest Disco update with the rather nice new launcher (well, new for me).

Since last night I've been having a great time playing FL/Disco and it seems better than ever. A really pleasant experience.
It feels to me some of the balancing issues I didn't like about Disco in the past have been resolved (at least from my POV).

Anyway, hi all. You'll probably see me online from time to time and possibly my son as well, who also likes FL.
Welcome back. Have fun, don't do shrooms and no matter what anyone says. It's Zelot's fault! D:
Thanks, nice to be back...
OK, Zealot's fault... Got it.. Wink
Welcome back! I've only recently returned myself after a long break and it has been a very pleasant experience. Right off I ran into folks I've known from before and already met plenty of new people who were friendly and helpful. Hope yours is as fun a "homecoming" as I've had. See you in space.
Welcome and have a good time around here. See you in space perhaps. Smile
Welcome back, it's very cool here.
Sure you'll have fun.
Welcome back, nice to see someone who played since the game and mod have been created coming back!
Nice to see older members taking a glance back here again. Make sure you take a look at the server rules, they have changed somewhat.