Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sombra's music package
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello! Multiple people asked me about the music and sound effects I use for my version of Discovery Freelancer. Here you go:

This is partially based on the media pack that shared with me. You will notice that especially when landing on planets, as I had no intention yet to change those sounds back or to something different. This is more about the space sounds. While Tau and Sigma are unchanged, or still in the Operator-version, Liberty, Bretonia, Kusari, Asteroid Fields, Nebulae, Omicrons and Omegas have some cooler soundtracks. Also, some gun effects have been changed, and the Cloaking Device sound is now a engine noise (a super slow version of the alert sound I used earlier).

The download is very small (274 mb only) - the .wav-files are now the same way converted like the vanilla freelancer sound files, so they are 95% smaller now. ;3

-----

How to install:

You better make a backup of your MUSIC and SOUNDS folders. Don't be dumb!

Just open your Discovery folder (mine is C:\Users\Sombraisawehot\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1) and enter the DATA folder and then the AUDIO-folder. Extract the two folders from the package here and let everything overwrite. (The package contains only the MUSIC-folder and the SOUNDS-folder.)

-----

-----
It would be appreciated if you make a video with samples about it, because there are people like me who don't want to download a 2.5 GB size with a relatively bad internet and then may or may not like it.
I'm actually uploading the video to this right now, but you're not the only one with bad internet. Wink

I'll add it to the first post in an hour. In the meantime, you can check the "Exiles"-spoiler for some videos using those soundtracks.

Link to mah video gallery
Updated the first post. The video is just uploaded. Wait a bit for better optical quality.
The download is very small (274 mb only) - the .wav-files are now the same way converted like the vanilla freelancer sound files, so they are 95% smaller now. ;3
THANK YOU!!!!!!
I'll not take all of it, but some are bloody awesome. Gonna pilfer that music_dangerous_chase
Did you learn from me? :3

Or did you just remember about making them smaller. :|
I'll never tell!
nice work here, however, i'd recommend to make two different types of packages - HD and regular.
Pages: 1 2 3