Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Poll: Alert System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
follow up of this: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=141601

The proposal is to implement Warframe style alerts for Discovery. Considering the amount of time it will take me for the "other thing" to reach beta, I'm willing to spend some time developing this if there's some real interest for this alert system as it may benefit the game in the long run.

As we don't have access to the engine and we're still quite limited in what we can do, this will be limited (we can look into possible expansions later) to the current implementations of Combat and Trade events we already generate with the event system.

So what does it do you ask???
There's already been a little bit of discussion about it with a few and at the moment the question is less what they should be, but rather when they should be. For Warframe it works fine because you don't really need anyone to play.

At the moment the idea to have a random alert selected from a pool of predefined alerts (think 20 to begin with) that will be activated before peak time for a select duration (something like 3 hours?). There's a serious uncertainty at making the system truly random as we might have a pvp event show up at 3 in the morning with nobody being able to attend or find opponents. Trade events will be a breeze just like it currently is with early morning trade event powerfarmers so well, that's that.

I'm also looking into the ability of making the market updates easier to send live so we can trigger on sell points in general (and unlawful sell points for cargo piracy) at whim.

Examples of events
- GRN vs LN in Magellan. 7.5 million per kill.
- RM lawfuls vs RHA in Dresden, 7.5 million per kill.
- BD vs KNF vs IKN in Kyushu, 7.5 million per kill.
- DROP from Gran Canaria to Freeport 11, 9600c/u
- Corsairs vs Outcasts, Omicron something, 7.5 million per kill.
- IMG, Tau-23 ore to New Berlin, big monies
- Order vs Core, Omicron Delta
- Your imagination is the limit

Give your thoughts, etc.
I'd like to see it implemented. If it does not work, it can always be removed.
It is a great idea!
Also a mean to warn player about this from outside the game should be implement like we mentioned in the other thread. This would be a complete tool.
(08-01-2016, 01:39 PM)Benoit Wrote: [ -> ]It is a great idea!
Also a mean to warn player about this from outside the game should be implement like we mentioned in the other thread. This would be a complete tool.

The alert will show up on the sidebar like current events do, but yeah.
i think yus. would be good to see how it works.
Great idea. Should add some interesting dynamics to the game.
me wants

quite a usefull addon
As much as i like the general concept, if alerts arent evenly distributed and cover only houses and "major" factions such as outcasts, corsairs and forgo "minor" ones like LWB, Coalition, CR, Council; that can cause activity shifting more and more to houses. And create even more deadzones. Seeing how last events distributed, this can be a concern.
Looks promising , lets give it a try , there is nothing to loose .
I approve of this, greatly.
Pages: 1 2