Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea || Navigation Buoys "Discussion"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Discovery community,

I would like to discuss an idea with all the community members who are interested.
The Navigation Buoys as far as i understand, are meant to be like guides in space to help the vessels passing-by to find their way faster and safer. My idea that i want to propose is about having this option available for "POB" owners, specially the ones who are at open space (Away from trade lanes). I don't know what kind of mechanism that should be followed, but i am sure the community including the developers might have a good way to implement this option if agreed on. The advantages will be plenty, and one of them is that the clients, customers and suppliers will easily find the "POBs" by following the navigational buoys, Just like a ship in the sea while evading shallow waters or running ground.

-Discussion is opened, and feedback is most welcome.
-Enhancements are also welcome as-well as new ideas concerning this topic.
Why not SRP it and have them spawned into our server ? That is possible
(08-08-2016, 11:54 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Why not SRP it

I think this could be a brilliant idea
I think this is an excellent idea, but the owners should be able to choose whether to have them or not (maybe even pay extra for them) since some bases are close to lanes anyway or meant to be hidden/secret. But i guess thats obvious actually. Yea i thnk its a great idea
This idea can be a good addition to the mod, So i am going to give it a Bump! for more discussions
I'd say you can submit a SRP that adds a trail of Buoys, perhaps even with a custom name - to the location of your base. Though I am not sure what happens to it once/if the base goes pop. Also I am not sure if Devs are going to be amused for the extra work, so I highly suggest you try to talk to the system-peeps BEFORE you shell out the shillings.
having a system update each time a pob gets destroyed? (by devs) or adding custom pobs for each buoy and then edit/delete them after a pob gets destroyed? probably not gonna happen either

so..maybe add another module for pobs? that will not be up to me and i don't think it adds that much to the game Tongue
(09-01-2016, 11:47 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]having a system update each time a pob gets destroyed? (by devs) or adding custom pobs for each buoy and then edit/delete them after a pob gets destroyed? probably not gonna happen either

The system update will not be too much, because this idea can only goes for the POBs that reached core 4 or core 5 and spent more than 2 months with RP activity.
In conditions like these, the system update won't be too much because not everyone have the capability and RP patience to reach a core 4 or core 5 easily.
The idea of having this as a module installed on the base is not really bad idea, but in the same time, i think it should be SRP'd option and should be only granted to players who are very active and doing lots of RP that affect the community members and interacting with them for long time (lets say 2 months or whatever admins/devs can decide on).
SRPing it is an awful idea and you've already overlooked the fact that the mechanic you want is already in the game. We have the ability to spawn weapon platforms from POBs. All you need to do is repurpose that same code to spawn buoys, and I think it's an excellent idea.
Would it be possible to increase the placement radius for the buoys only and not the WPs?
Pages: 1 2