Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: YTmooaq.png]

[Image: 1zkIZno.png]

[Image: McuowfY.png]-------[Image: Q8O4w0b.png]-------[Image: zd1jsNd.png]

[Image: nslEmjB.png]

Many times I've seen people that want to make their copy of Discovery look better, but failed due to various reasons. Resource packs tend to be hard to find and even harder to install, if you don't know what you're doing. Normally you would have to download a separate files for the UI, star graphics, planet and base graphics, sound effects etc.

Here comes Ultimate Freelancer.

Ultimate Freelancer is a graphics and audio addon designed for Discovery. It is a compilation of many elements, put into one easy to install package. With this project I aim to provide the best Freelancer experience, that everyone can enjoy.

This mod is 100% compatible with Discovery and will NOT trigger the anti-cheat in any way.

[Image: lDzbCk3.png]

The pack includes many assets, but here are the main stand out features of the pack:

High quality background and nebula

[Image: sSh9eWW.png]

High quality planets

[Image: lYP1bIP.png]

Dark User Interface with new icons and cursors

[Image: t51q3ED.png]

[Image: E40V19s.png]

If you already have the previous version of Ultimate Freelancer installed, you can download just the new stuff in 1.3:

[Image: s78A1i2.png]

Installation is really easy. Just drag the files from the archive over to the game's install folder. Here's a video:

[Image: Oh9VUfA.png]

Addons are mini-packs that you can apply over Ultimate Freelancer to customize it to your liking. These addons usually make changes not all people will enjoy and that is why they are optional.

Addons have a separate thread: Link here

[Image: QQqcqPf.png]

[Image: 41II69z.jpg]

[Image: fU4FsnN.jpg]

[Image: wQrgmtw.png]

The vast majority of the art and graphics were made by other people. I say this so that people do not wrongly attribute the art to me. My role was to simply collect the best assets and put them in one package. There are a few assets that I have created or edited myself.

I've done my best to reach out to the original artists for permission and credits. However I was not able to find the authors of some of the assets I've used. If you see a piece of your art that was used in this pack without your credit or permission, please reach out to me.

Graphics
HD planet, asteroid and station Textures 1.2 by |~Râdîant~|
HD Fire and Ice Asteroid Textures for Freelancer V1 by freestalker.fr
Freelancer HD Starsphere pack v2 by HUNOR
Sun Effect by unknown artist

Audio
Hidamari Sound Mod by Hidamari (not all files included, mostly UI sounds were used, some edited)
HQ Explosion Sound Effects by DragonRider video

Interface
New Dark Interface and cursors by unknown artist (not all files included, some edited)
Replacement Commodity Icons by evanz
Splash Screen Image by bloknayrb
"Discovery Freelancer" spash screen and main menu images by DragonRider
I would like more people to see this.
Bumping.
Better return old delta and kappa, please.
Wrong topic, mate.
Well, technically it should be able to change starsphere in the background. They'd need to edit the starsphere file, not the ini, if I'm correct. I may be wrong tho.

Speaking about the mod itself, ima try it out. Looks interesting.
Yeah, the starsphere files can be edited or replaced.
Huge thanks for making this pack, its such an improvement over vanilla freelancer! Heart
Yea man, good stuff here.
I'll try it out. It seems that i've already downloaded it... And I even didn't know that xD
I was already using most of it seems, except the pretty planet textures and hud. Also using different starspheres and background stars.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7