Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovering CHAOS FUN Relaxed RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of you may remember this server from a couple years ago when it was called Discovery PTC which was an American family-oriented server (i.e. they were very strict regarding swearing and adult topics, since children played on the server). Note that I'm not an admin on Discovering Chaos, nor was I an admin on PTC (where I had at least 12 or 13 characters). Why then am I posting this? 1) Nobody else has; 2) I'm hoping that someone from the server will see this and be able to bring it to the attention of the admins there (Glock and Hooligan). I hate being negative about a server, but I feel that I should be accurate about the pros and cons of a server. Discovering Chaos isn't as strict regarding RP as the official/GC Server. Discovering Chaos is located somewhere in Texas a couple hundred miles from a location that causes a lot of problems on the Internet and causes a lot of lag and disconnects on their server according to their forums (www.discoveringchaos.us). I live in Virginia, so I'm a lot closer to their server in Texas than I am to the other two servers where I play regularly, the French server and the official/GC Server (also located in France), yet I've gotten disconnected frequently from Discovering Chaos, compared to very few disconnects from the French server (none that I can recall) and GC (mostly due to the DDOS attacks). In fact, three of my accounts have been banned after I got disconnected from the Discovering Chaos server -- something that has never happened to me on the French server or the GC Server. I created an account on the Discovering Chaos forums, but I never received the confirmation email, so I can't post a request to be unbanned on their forums and I haven't found any other way to get a message to the admins there.

Edit#1: I just posted about my problems on their forums. I didn't think that I could log onto their forums because according to their registration instructions, I hadn't completed the registration process, since I couldn't confirm my email address as I never got the confirmation email from them. I suspect that a player I talked to on their server last week relayed a message to one of their admins about my problems getting banned and not being able to complete their forums registration. Hopefully, I'll get my three banned accounts unbanned soon.
Edit #2: They unbanned two of my accounts and I was able to log onto two characters I haven't played for months.
They're having ISP problems at the moment which is what's causing most of the problems - but seemingly there's a minor Discovery-wide issue that is being made worse by their internet issues.
^I like your name.
Thanks - I've been using it online for about 17 years, lol.