Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonian Government
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cristinanctb.png]

COMM-ID: Cristina Martelli
TARGET-ID: Bretonian Government, Maltese comm node

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

I bid you good day,

My name is Cristina Martelli and I represent the National Council of Malta, Malta's current ruling body.

Our two Nations haven't heard from each other in quite some time. I remember the last time we clarified our relations toward certain factions you requested.

Now our ships have certainly held to our agreement and there is Maltese aligned ships in your space assisting your forces against the gauls. Though many of our people often feel unsafe in Bretonian space as much as you said your people will feel with a huge "Outcast" presence.

Maybe it is time to take things a step further and take each others fear. Being careful is a good thing but it might be that a bit more swift measures are leading to a better understanding between our two peoples.

Picking up trade relations and improving how Maltese are being treated in Bretonia will surely be actions we both prefer from. There is an uprising company based from Malta, called Atlantis manufacturing who'd surely be a great addition to the Bretonian markets.

Cristina Martelli

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

[Image: 8KMlXjY.png]

Honored Cristina Martelli, from the National Council of Malta

I would like to inform you the Government of House of Bretonia has reached consensus about your proposal. We share your concerns and we believe it is time for our relations to move forward to the next level of cooperation. That is why, since today, we would welcome you to participate in the trading network of Kingdom of Bretonia. The group you mentioned - "Atlantis manufacturing" - would find a lot of beneficial trading contracts from Southampton Shipyard which would reflect our current resource requirements. Should you be in need of any further information related to these specific contracts then you should be contacting Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing.

We are building our relations for a very long time but the time is past, present and future. In order to reach further levels of cooperation we have to remember the past, live in the present and always see in to the future - aiming for the best for both of us. Let it be today the day when we shake our hands as partners, working together for the good of our people.

In service to the Crown,

Baron Firmus Piett, Lord of Jarrow, KBE
Minister of Defense of House Bretonia
[Image: cristinanctb.png]

COMM-ID: Cristina Martelli

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

I bid you good day,

and I want to thank Bretonia for this offer. I am certain it will be benefitial for both of us.

Specifically Atlantis has been notified. And they will contact BMM to arrange shipments to Southampton if that is what is most direly needed. I believe we can acquire fuel for your ships and arms are not out of the question. Though we are aware that those are covered as restricted by Bretonian law. Should we plan such a shipment Atlantis or the Council will come back to you and apply for a license.

I am also certain that, once all technical difficulties have been gotten rid of on both sides, that more of our transports and those of independent familias and entities will be entering Bretonia with goods for trade.

Toward a better future for both of us. We will resume talks once trade has begun to flourish.

Cristina Martelli

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

[Image: HHLpytK.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante, Corsica Intelligence Division

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

On behalf of the National Council of Malta and its people, I greet our allies of the House Bretonia.

I am approaching you today with an issue that has been haunting the Council chambers for a while now, and it pertains to the Gallic and their advance into Bretonian sovereign space. With the gracious acceptance of our people into the heart of Bretonia and vice-versa, a new era of security friendship, and commerce has been initiated, and spirits on the meadows of Malta have not been as high in a long time due to this circumstance. However, there is a dark side to this euphoria, a spectre that is clear to everybody yet not easily addressed. The fear is that the hard-won acceptance of one of our sister ship's descendants might be taken away by those on the edge of Sirius, wielding spaceborne weapons capable of eradiating us if we do not take a unified stance to draw the line in the sand that may not be crossed under any circumstances.

It is with a degree of shame that we were shown the barriers of our own prowess, that there is an opponent, an enemy of Malta and its people out there that cannot be outsmarted, cannot be made a fool of, cannot be brought to its knees by military might or guile. The Kingdom of Gallia, enzealed by their mad monarch, holds control over both critical Tau systems as well as Leeds, and only the circumstance that there are two fronts, the Maltese in Tau-23 and the Bretonian one that borders on the very threshold of the New London system, has been the reason so far that this has not changed. Yet it is only a matter of time until one of these fronts falters due to attrition, and we are afraid that it will be the Maltese front. Malta, being still frowned upon by the majority of Sirius, cannot both feed its population as well as fortify themselves against the endless tides of Corsair advances in the Omicrons as well as the Gallic in the Taus, not to mention that supply lines to Malta run directly through these systems.

An interest of extreme importance therefore lies in the security of the Leeds system that has long since fallen, though it is contested, into the hands of Charles XI. It is the razor's edge upon which the further progress of this war shall be measured in generations to come, and the Council has voiced that it does not intend to let the balance shift further into the favour of the Gallic. It is therefore that the National Council of Malta formerly extends its hand to their friends and allies in Bretonia in a gesture of solidarity and readiness to help. Therefore, the National Council would like to start discussions about a formal alliance between Bretonia and Malta and thereby combine our military prowess to effectively fight common enemies.

The Council eagerly awaits your reply.

Marietta Mercante
Administrator of the CID
On behalf of the National Council of Malta

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

ANSWER REQUIRED

[Image: 8KMlXjY.png]

Honored Marietta Mercante, Corsica Intelligence Division

The members of the Government of House of Bretonia have discussed your proposal and reached to an agreement. You are requesting a formal military alliance which would allow our fleets to coordinate more efficiently when fighting common enemies - primary House of Gallia. I am eager to inform you that our board agrees our relations have approached this stage - the one that would require to proceed even further in order to represent the interests of our sovereigns.

There are but several issues that could stand in front of our military alliance and hopefully we would be able to solve them properly. Due to the rising numbers of allies in our territory - all of which are battling the Gallic Royal Navy - there were several incidents where these factions of allies to us - and enemies to one another - would dare to attack each other in our space. I would like to make this clear that inside Bretonia space you can actively fight the Gallic forces but any grudges you hold towards a third party, enemy to you and ally to us - should be handled outside our sovereign territory.

The Admiralty board of our Armed Forces - represented by their fleet admiral - is expecting you to contact her in order to prepare strategies and tactics of how to cooperate efficiently with our fleets. She will propose you a battle plan, suitable for our new alliance and one that would not allow incidents between allies to ever happen.

In service to the Crown,

Baron Firmus Piett, Lord of Jarrow, KBE
Minister of Defense of House Bretonia
[Image: HHLpytK.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante, Corsica Intelligence Division

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

On behalf of President Martelli, the National Council of Malta, I thank you for having come to the profitable solution to both of us. As we speak, the Council is considering our fighting capabilities that can be effectively moved to the front in order to assist against the Gallic onslaught. Once this has been taken care of, the President herself shall initiate the contact with the Armed Forces in order to formally begin the coordination effort.

Of course, we assure the House of Bretonia that no asset of the National Council shall raise even a metaphorical finger to add to the havoc and disharmony that has haunted Bretonia's borders way too long. As such, we would humbly request that you inform your allies of our eventual lawfully enacted alliance in order to avoid eventual misunderstandings. Granted, such a thing seems nigh unto preposterous given the genious of your defensive strategists, though it bears its importance within itself and should not be left out.

ppa. Marietta Mercante

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED