Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Making my own NPC faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

So I have wanted to do this since 4.85... Even though I didn't have the mod itself back then. Anyways, I kinda want to make my own NPC faction. This includes Omicron Gamma getting edited, two new bases, 3 new ships, new shields, and new guns (just names for guns) all sold at a base. And I want to create my own NPC faction to go with these.

I realize easier is said than done here, especially when talking about making new ships from scratch, and editing some ships' old hard points. I am new to mod making and developing, but I am willing to learn and am patient with these things. So I don't really know where to begin. I saw the systems editing guide, but it didn't cover everything due to it not being finished (I posted on that thread realizing now that it is irrelevant due to not reading it fully XD).

Let me get down to it. This is probably too much to ask for but still, here we go.

I need help on...
1. System editing
2. Ship editing (some hard point editing [adding more] and making new ones)
3. Base insertion + editing (making my own looking base, but from other base archetypes, infocards)
4. Base amenities (Commodities, Equip. dealer, ship dealer, etc.)
5. Planet insertion (Commodities, etc. )
6. NPC faction creation + ship encounters (patrol lines, infocard in Player Status, etc.)
7. Naming new weapons

Thats about all I need. And for me, whenever I try to install editing software for anything, (some things for FL), I always seem to get viruses. So I don't know where to get safe variants of these. (FL Companion, Freelancer Mod Studio [espcially], FLDev, etc.). Notepad ++ worked though. But yeah I don't care when any one responds or if anyone helps, I can figure this out on my own if I have to, but knowing where to find safe variants of these products IS essential.

Thanks and have a good day!

-ASimpleMan
This post has become irrelevant. I have figured this stuff out so no help is needed!