Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What has sleep(or lackof) done to you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I was so tired that I nearly threw a fit that a maths equation wasn't working...

until I realised that -2 x -4 is not 4, and -2 x 8 is not 16, and 150 - 1 is not 159. It was a tough lesson.
(08-18-2016, 11:54 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was when I was awake for nearly 30 hours and I fell asleep in the bus while standing and missed like 15 bus stops while I was sleeping. Standing.

It's actually quite easy to learn how to sleep standing. I was doing it for years when i was travelling to school every morning.

On behalf of travelling:
I have been drinking for two days without sleeping and i had great idea that i dont go home but I took a bus to city where i studied at that time. Ended up in city 250 km far. I continued drinking till I caught bus back. If the bus didnt trip in road hole in the right town i would miss it twice that day.

Also, once when i was particularly tired i was taking a bath when friend called that he is already in pub. So i finished and went after him. I was halfway to pub when i realize that people on street are staring at me. I found out that i was completely naked. Well, i had shoes on.
Generally I have very bad insomnia if i try to go to bed at a set time or if I'm not at the point of passing out from exhaustion - every day I get in bed around 2300 already dead tired and only end up falling asleep at 0500 or close to that. For this reason I had to find a job that would normally be considered bad work hours - it started at 0230 and ended at 0600, luckily this was very easy for me to find because the company operates mainly in my area and had a shortage of staff. It hasn't affected me so badly considering a job, but I really never see my friends anymore because I sleep during the day and wake up as the sun is about to set.

At school I never really had a problem with sleep because I stayed active and came home tired enough that I could even take a 2 hour nap and still be ready to sleep at 2200.
I once went a week without sleep. This was a mistake.
Basically, I started seeing aliens and human sized spiders and things one would expect in a game like The Forest... but then IRL.
Like, very real images. As if i could touch them.
(08-19-2016, 08:34 PM)Caelumaresh Wrote: [ -> ]I once went a week without sleep. This was a mistake.
Basically, I started seeing aliens and human sized spiders and things one would expect in a game like The Forest... but then IRL.
Like, very real images. As if i could touch them.

I went a maximum of six days without sleep (THANKS DISCOVERY 4.85)

I got up at 5 AM to get a drink and collapsed, vomited the contents of my stomach out, and passed out.

And that's how I got a Spylgass. (sun)
this one time i couldnt sleep during exams so i stayed up all night not even studying and collapsed on the way to the exam hall

got sent home and got [A] on my results which means i got the class average... we wrote an easy version of math that day so i got class average of 88% - talk about winning.
Where should i start? There were cases when i didn't sleep for 48 hours due to work, school or simply a party. All of them had various results. But the last time it happened i was on a party in a nearby city 40km away. And when i finally got on the first train early morning (4AM) i fell asleep on it. I woke up when the train was already at the terminal. Good but not good enough since the train was already departing to go back to the city it came from GG. I couldn't get off. I got off at the first station and walked additional 15km to get home since i didn't had money
When i was 6 or so years i wake up in middle of the night and had intention to go to bathroom and take a piss , but since i was all sleepy i did it on household radiator right in front of bathroom . My father passing by sow hole thing , and he slap me to back of my head with : "what are you doing dumb-ass ?" That Radiator never worked same again ! Aww
Back to back 12 hour night shifts over Xmas..... after 3 nights of this with little sleep in between shifts for various reasons (family gathering/neighbors), driving home after the last one was NOT fun, kept seeing shadows that *could* have been people/kangaroos on the side of the road.

I don't recommend going without sleep for long periods of time without an extremely good reason.
I was so tired in first year uni after doing multiple all nighters that one time I told a girl to wake me up while I took a nap sitting against and leaning my head down on my desk. I woke up and felt literally half my body numb and I shook it off and went to sleep. When I woke up the girl told me I yelled at her to shut up when she tried to wake me up. XD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5