Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Remove recruit ID from all stations but Conn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can we please do that? I keep seeing newbies who buy that ID because they think it is for new players or something. Some just don't read it seems.

So if we put it to conn only people who really need one will get it and only those are the people who use it anyways.

I cannot report them all since most don't talk back. But you cannot incorporate them into any rp since you'd be breaking the rules yourself.
But then how will we sanction BHG| for shadowlogging? Sad

On a more serious note:

I'm up for removing it as well since being able to rephack IFF via ID and having /restarts to solve your rep is good enough in my opinion. It's just a remnant of the past.
I don't think they're allowed to participate in RP either iirc, if they don't talk back, that's fine.
If they breach ID rules, report them and they'll be dealt with.

I don't see any reason to remove it from other places. It sorta has a purpose. If new players use it, great. They're bound to the ID rules just like everyone else. There really only is a problem if they break those rules.
That's the thing though. The noobs don't follow the rules and you sit there waiting for them to break them or to report them. Since they don't reply to anyone who doesn't have an Admin tag.
Are you actually allowed to trade in a recruit ship?
(08-20-2016, 08:09 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]That's the thing though. The noobs don't follow the rules and you sit there waiting for them to break them or to report them. Since they don't reply to anyone who doesn't have an Admin tag.

your an angel ,should not be enough of a reason for them to talk back?
I wish it were. But only 50% of them write back. And it requires me to interrupt everything and log the Angel.
Putting it in conn only is a great idea actually. If person needs it, it's easy to get to conn and buy it. There is no perticular reason to keep oorp ID on every base in game. I mean when I was a noobie (oh wait, I'm still is) I was really temped to buy recruit ID and didn't read it's line. That was a thing.
Maybe the idea itself isn't bad actually. And on another hand: What's the reason of not all equipment types being sold on some planets and stations? Like some of them doesn't have all types of thruster or scanner. Is that meant to be that way or somewhat an mistake?
(08-20-2016, 08:54 PM)King Epo Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the idea itself isn't bad actually. And on another hand: What's the reason of not all equipment types being sold on some planets and stations? Like some of them doesn't have all types of thruster or scanner. Is that meant to be that way or somewhat an mistake?

Afaik, that's pretty much a holdover from the days when the devs thought it was a good idea to try and determine what made sense to be sold where. They did a terrible job of it and now equipping yourself is a bitch.
Pages: 1 2