Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Hispania (Spain and Mediterranean)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Folks, I wanted to ask something.

[Image: Mediterranee_02_EN.jpg]

I see there are some countries that are part of the Mediterean Sea like Algeria and Tunisia. Does that mean, they're included in this game? Also another question.

The Outcasts called their home planet "Malta", as you can see on the Map Malta is just below Italy which I'm imagining the Outcasts would actually display the western part of the mediterean sea including Portugal, Spain, Italy as it's main countries (also the Crosses and all indicate alot of their culture and religion in common, let alone language).

Crete is an island below greece, part of greece so to say so it's safe to assume the only Corsairs would be the only ones being from Greece hence why they christened their home planet as "Planet Crete".

Why is everyone RPing a space mexican instead then? I suppose you can do that inside Liberty being one of the rogues and RPing a mexican rogue type faction, but why would you do that in say Corsair or Outcasts?

Also, if Algeria and Tunisia are part of the mediterean colonies? Holy hell I just found another thing:

The countries with coastlines on the Mediterranean Sea are Albania, Algeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey. Now some of those mentioned countries are either part of the Coalition or as you see France has its own Sleeper Ship the Gallia. So I'd say the remaining Countries that weren't introduced yet = Albania, Algeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Montenegro, Slovenia, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey. But they're part of the Mediterean Coast.

Does this mean all these countries mentioned above were part of the Hispanian Sleeper Ship? Is it safe to assume that? If so, how would you differ them, who's Sair who's Outcast, I suppose the answer lies on how I mentioned above the Western Countries of the Mediterrean would be connected to Malta and the Eastern Countries to Crete.
Don't forget that some of those lands were part of the coalition. Also, not every land was part of the sleeper ships. Not even Poland can into space.
(08-21-2016, 02:28 PM)Commissar SnakeLancerâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]Now some of those mentioned countries are either part of the Coalition or as you see France has its own Sleeper Ship the Gallia.

(08-21-2016, 02:35 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget that some of those lands were part of the coalition. Also, not every land was part of the sleeper ships. Not even Poland can into space.

Yes exactly. But Discovery mentions "Spain AND Mediterranean" this in my eyes automaticly applies to all the countries that are part of the mediterranean coast.
People play space mexicans because of general social stereotyping.

*shrug*
I mean the thing is vanilla was unfinished and we don't even know what Omicrons were suppose to be. Vanilla infocards about Hispanic factions are short and don't tell a lot. We have a Spanish name-pool and apparently random Mediterranean toponyms. Maybe Hispania was planned as another "generic" House, but then it was changed to something else, that would explain Spanish namepool. If Outcasts in Vanilla had only Malta in Alpha, Sairs had Crete AND Tripoli which is even more confusing. Not to mention to say that Toledo (sudden hispanic toponym within anciet egyptian styled Order) was also located in the Omicrons. So very maybe Hispania was planned as Omicronish House thing, but then was turned to something else (more expended) and wasn't ever finished.
(08-21-2016, 02:46 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention to say that Toledo (sudden hispanic toponym within anciet egyptian styled Order) was also located in the Omicrons

I always believed Toledo was named after the American city of Toledo, Ohio, because the leader of the Order has his origins in Liberty, but that was my thought.

Welp. There is 14 towns/cities in America named after my city in Ukraine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa_(disambiguation)
I think the reference to the Egyptians is mainly because of the anicent culture and ideology of secrecy and power, also the seekers of knowledge. Or maybe sacrificing to the gods to stop the evil, or something along those lines.

It just... fits.
(08-21-2016, 03:00 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]I think the reference to the Egyptians is mainly because of the anicent culture and ideology of secrecy and power, also the seekers of knowledge. Or maybe sacrificing to the gods to stop the evil, or something along those lines.

It just... fits.

I think everyone understands that, but Toledo is breaking out of it somehow. Though, I didn't know that there is Toledo in the US, that can explain it indeed. Spanish Toledo stick in my mind, becuase of the Kingdom of Toledo, rich history out there.
(08-21-2016, 02:58 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]
Welp. There is 14 towns/cities in America named after my city in Ukraine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa_(disambiguation)

Well I say Toledo as a reference to Liberty and not Spain because.

-Orillion was Libertonian

-Toledo, Ohio is a major city compared to the municipality of Toledo, Spain.

-Odessa, California is a railway siding section
Pages: 1 2 3 4